To all the Super Smart Phone People that create stuffSupport

Last Updated:

1. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 9, 2010
    I was wondering, since my Moment is like a computer, is there any way to do a system restore. Like with computers, when you don't want a full recovery back to factory mode, but a restore point back a couple of days or at each download or something. B/c my Moment went all crazy a the other day for some reason when I installed Easy Tether and now when I go to notification, I don't have the option to mount to my computer. I just wish there was some way to restore my phone right up to the time before I did that install and everything was fine.

So for the super smart guys that hack, root and create apps, what do you think? Can it be done?

2. Warlock

Warlock Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I had the same problem, though not caused by Easy Tether.

Open up your dailer and type in ##8778#, this will take you to a screen that shows phoneutil at the top. Make sure that the USB section is set to PDA and then just hit the Home button. The USB connected icon should show back up in your notifications.

If the setting is already set to PDA then try bouncing it by setting it to MODEM and and hitting home and then ##8778# and set it back to PDA. If that doesn't work, a factory reset may be your only option, because as far as I know there is not a system restore like in windows.