To anyone running 2.0 custom ROM

Last Updated:

1. phillevy

phillevy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Can you please confirm whether your contact photos are displaying correctly in the favourite people widget and also when you call/receive a call from anyone. Also can you say whether you wiped before installing 2.0 and what you had on before 2.0. Help would be really appreciated with this - thanks a lot.

Advertisement
  2. dukeuk76

dukeuk76 Member

Contact photos are fine. And yes i can call/receive from contacts.
    I did wipe data before 2.0 install, i had standard rom on before 2.0.

Hope any of this helps

3. phillevy

Thanks -my photos are ok in the people app but not in the widget - can you confirm your photos are ok in the widget?

4. dukeuk76

dukeuk76 Member

I have my contact photos synced to my facebook, and yes they show correctly within the widget.

5. ripkord

ripkord Well-Known Member

Facebook pictures assigned to contacts look better than before but still a bit grainy (depends on the quality of the pic uploaded obviously).

Photos manually assigned from file are perfect. The widget app, although a bit better stil compresses them so there is still some blocking and aliasing on the pictures. Not as clear as the example on the phone.

I was running stock t-mobile rom and I wiped.

6. cdmackay

cdmackay Well-Known Member

for issues like this, with widgets I always start by removing the widget entirely, and adding a new one from scratch. Might help.

7. phillevy

Tried that and anything obvious - the problem was not as simple as that - solved eventually by a wipe and reinstall of 2.0

8. padstar

padstar Member

I was running MCR 1.5.1 before 2.0. I did a wipe first and everything ran fine. Have just flashed 2.2 without wipe so will spend the morning checking for bugs. All seems ok so far though.

9. phillevy

Things are working so well now on 2.0 that I think I will only update if something significant cames along.

10. padstar

padstar Member

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I resisted 2.1 but thought "why not?" when 2.2 came out. As always I did a nandroid backup so if I encounter any problems I will be restoring back to 2.0. So far so good though and the clock, bookmarks and favourites widgets seem to load quicker on startup.