To anyone wanting to rootGeneral

Last Updated:

1. alchemize

alchemize Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If you're like me, you did a lot of research. In the research, I downloaded a lot of files. Files for the newest leak AND the newest root.

MAKE SURE YOU PULL THE PB00IMG FROM YOUR ROOT PILE AND NOT YOUR LEAK PILE.

A simple little mistake of not deleting the files you don't want and confusing the two files with the same name... means you're eternally trapped on the leak. :mad:

Advertisement
  2. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

ya I hope you are talking from experience....but I am afraid you are .....

if so that really sucks

3. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

You need this...that sucks man.

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

gay! that sucks dude. hopefully the great dev's get a root working for the leakers soon,

5. alchemize

alchemize Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys.... yeah, it really does suck. Haha, I spent so long researching the information and debating on which way to go. I was afraid of missing out on files, so I downloaded everything. Accidentally picked the wrong img to put on my sd card and next thing I know, I'm getting denied the su access. It does suck, BUT I have to say - I read a lot about not upgrading to the 2.1v3 leak if you have 1.5 and it's really not that bad. While I do agree that root would be by FAR a better option, 2.1v3 is a solid upgrade and I can't complain too much about functionality, as far as the stock phone itself is concerned.

Alas, I will be waiting with all the other leakers for the shining light at the edge of the horizon that is the 2.1 leak downgrade or root potential. Until then, I'll just contribute what I can to the 2.1 leak group.

6. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

nice outlook. honestly 2.1.3 really isnt bad. :)

7. DcSports

DcSports Member

I feel your pain brother, I to made the mistake of pulling the wrong file... spent an hour trying to figure out what I did wrong. It does suck, wifi tethering would've been awesome among other things, but I am satisfied with 2.1v3.