to be clear the galaxy s2 is called epic 4g?General

Last Updated:

1. leo5111

leo5111 Well-Known Member

to be clear the galaxy s2 is called epic 4g? im looking for the galaxy s2 for sprint over at xda dont want to be looking at wrong roms...lol

Advertisement
  2. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

Yes. The Sprint variant of the Galaxy S2 is (ridiculously...) called the Samsung Galaxy S2, Epic 4G Touch.
  3. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

The sprint Galaxy s1 was called the epic 4g, while the their Galaxy s2 s called the epic 4g touch. I'm glad that things have progressed to the point that we don't have the individualization of a device on each carrier anymore.
  4. leo5111

5. iTzKPanda

Follow the instructions on the thread :)
    Usually you'd want to install a custom recovery (AGAT, Clockworkmod, etc) before you flash and make a backup just in case something goes wrong.
    Also, I think you'll have to do a factory reset. At least that's what I had to do when I flashed Cyanogenmod10.1 and PACman.
  6. leo5111

so do i by odin install the kernal first? excuse my newbness but my phone i had before a blind monkey could root and rom it, this one is more hard :p
  7. iTzKPanda

If you aren't on GB27 (Jellybean for the Epic 4G Touch), then yes. If you are, then read the 3rd or 4th post of the "how to root" thread that's stickied on the Epic 4G Touch - All Things Root forum to flash a custom recovery using mobile odin.