To Devs

1. acharlest

acharlest Active Member

I am upset to see there are no roms whatsoever for this phone. I have an old spare F6 that I am willing to GIVE AWAY to a dev if they can dedicate their time to get CM up and running on this phone. It is the best LTE phone for its price range that MetroPCS offers. I just HATE LG's UI. I don't know many devs on here. The only one I know of is PlayfulGod. So if he can do it, or any of you that don't have an F6 but think you can do it, let me know.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Trevor Philips

Trevor Philips Well-Known Member

I'd say you should definitely let PlayfulGod have a hold of this phone
  3. acharlest

acharlest Active Member

I messaged him. We'll see what he says.
    giovannye and Trevor Philips like this.
  4. acharlest

acharlest Active Member

PlayfulGod is in. I got his info and I will be sending him the device this week.
  5. ajamie234

ajamie234 Well-Known Member

yay
    giovannye likes this.
  6. Trevor Philips

This is really good news! thank you so much for this, The future of the F6 should now be brighter ;)
    giovannye likes this.
  7. pressy4pie

pressy4pie Well-Known Member

this phone has a very similar kernel to all lge's current other devices, (motion, spirit, f3, etc) there are no roms because no one has done the kernel work to bring it to a kernel current enough to build against an aosp rom. I've got some work done but im a busy human. PlayfulGod has an f3 which uses the same kernel as the f6 and if he had cm for f3 we'd have it for f6. so sending him one may or may not get anything done. i have cm10.0 built with quite a few bugs i guess i could release that for you guys if you want but its not that great
    giovannye likes this.
  8. kennebellgt

kennebellgt Well-Known Member

I must thank all who spend their time to go against these corporations and make us roots and other great things. Thank you for those that don't get a penny but work against these corporations who screw us all over. Thank you
    giovannye likes this.
  9. ajamie234

i vote wait until you fix bugs just saying
  10. Trevor Philips

for me, it depends on the bugs ;)
  11. acharlest

acharlest Active Member

I say release it! Depending on the bugs, I can deal with it. ;)
  12. ajamie234

i just dont like bugs in general they be nasty lol do what you will
  13. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

aaanadie and giovannye like this.
  14. kennebellgt

kennebellgt Well-Known Member

Yayaaaaaaa playful God is in! Hopefully a simple b12 root, Hotspot workaround and more! Thank you for handing him an f6!
  15. Trevor Philips

people are still having trouble with 12b root?
  16. ajamie234

They shouldn't be but then again
  17. Krlypumaa

Krlypumaa Well-Known Member

Yes, me!... after i updated n rooted 2 times n went back to 10i now i cannot go back to 12b @ all i hav zip in my root/ cache folder... n not even on CM :-/
  18. ajamie234

Follow instructions on most stable root for 12b
  19. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

no more time than you spend reverse engineering stock roms. lol

And yup all those guys are fine devs, but busy ppl too. ;)
    BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  20. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

What I haven't heard that name Bob in a long long time . pg you had that dev hiding under a rock . what's up Bob. :eek::D:D:p nahhh let me stop pg is so true spoken and stay busy himself with the good work . thanks to pg and Bob and all the devs .
  21. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

For me it takes too much time. I don't have a very fast pc so build time can be 4-5 hours and that adds up every time you have to do a new build to fix bugs. Not to mention all the time you'll spend trying to fix those bugs. At the end of all that work and time spent you can end up with a rom that may have bugs that might never get fixed as you know.
  22. PlayfulGod

I keep forgetting about your pc lol, good point. ;)
  23. acharlest

acharlest Active Member

Sorry for the delay on getting you the phone, PG. I just had to make an emergency trip to Virginia bc my aunt is about to pass from cancer. I will send it as soon as I get back to Ohio.
  24. PlayfulGod

sorry to hear that, thoughts/prayers out for you and yours.
    acharlest likes this.
  25. acharlest

acharlest Active Member

Thank you!