• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To Droid or Not to Droid?

iphone

Jan 24, 2010
Well, I have a choice being off contract and all, should I go Droid? I see that the Desire/Bravo might be coming out soon and it looks like it would make roadkill out of the Droid with all the specs it has, i.e. snapdragon, ram at 587, etc. Or the Nexus One would be my other choice. I really like physical keyboards, but have heard mixed things, so based on speed and performance, which one takes the cake>?

i'm gonna go out on a limb and assume you currently have an iphone on att...

try sticking with it for awhile. my guess is once the iphone is no longer att exclusive, people will flock to other carriers and you'll actually get halfdecent service for once.

but to answer your question, nothing beats the droid if you require a great device with a phsyical keyboard. if that's not a concern of yours, then wait around for the next big thing (motoroi, incredible, whatever)

Reactions: iphone
Upvote 0
Well, I have a choice being off contract and all, should I go Droid? I see that the Desire/Bravo might be coming out soon and it looks like it would make roadkill out of the Droid with all the specs it has, i.e. snapdragon, ram at 587, etc. Or the Nexus One would be my other choice. I really like physical keyboards, but have heard mixed things, so based on speed and performance, which one takes the cake>?

This phone can perform with all the phones especially when rooted. You can't always depend on specs, you know. If you think about it, there's a lot of phones out there with better specs than the Iphone but the Iphone is still better. I can't really say that the Iphone is better than a rooted Droid. I really do prefer the Android OS than the apple OS.

Reactions: iphone
Upvote 0
If you really like a physical keyboard I would still consider a droid vs. The nexus one, the droid is a lot cheaper, getting 2.1 and if you root and overclock (very easy) then you can be just as fast. Another selling pont iis the droid is already getting the kinks out vs. The nexus who on launch day will probably have just as many problems as any release day device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones