to each person their own??General

Last Updated:

1. ERISLOVER

ERISLOVER Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the root 2.1, and I don't see that much of a difference from 1.5, of course I will be using custom roms, but I just wanted to say I don't see what all the hubub is about. It's just a slight difference.

Advertisement
  2. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

I have eris on 2.1 leak number 1 so idk how it perforrms on root but i do want to say 2.1 leak 1 and my friend has the other one on their phone

to be honest
    it's slightly better but it's not anything that I think drastically changes the phone.

I mean from some reviews i read...the eris 2.1 is like a brand new phone and they love it and I wish i had the same opinion they did
    but to me and the people I know who did the same as I did....it's basically 1.5 now with leap and multiple gmail accounts...that's the only improvement i see

so i definitely agree with your post and title about too each their own

3. Romparoo

Romparoo Well-Known Member

I agree, not much of a drastic change. Of course you get some cool weather animation on start up. The setting menus are a little nicer with pictures, the market is a better interface and shows you screen shots before installing. There are some really nice apps that are not available for 1.5. Other than that

The YouTube app now works flawlessly! As it should. I compared it on my wife's 1.5 and her's kept force closing and taking a long time to load videos, on 2.1 it runs very smoothly and quickly. On top of that, if you want to compare the speed, my cousin got the T-Mobile Mytouch yesterday, he opened up the YouTube app, selected a video, waited for that video to load, then hit menu and selected to watch in HD...it was then that I started the YouTube app, selected same video, then did HD and mine started before his!

I thought 2.1 was suppose to have a talk to text application for texting, if so I can't figure it out. Perhaps that will show up on the official update.

4. MrBojenglz

MrBojenglz Well-Known Member

I'm with you guys. I see a few improvements but honestly I see some stuff I don't like and I'm not happy about at all. For instance, we can no longer use the trackball to zoom with the camera. Clicking the little icon then having to use the touch screen to slide the wheel is a pain in the ass.

5. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

Ok first are you on the original root?
    If so that build is really, really buggy For a vast improvement try the latest from Ivan He has some pretty stable and fast roms compared to 1.5. If you want a different look to your phone while giving you speed go with sense-able 2.0 or Evil Eris. In my Opinion sense-able 2.0 is the way to go because its basically ivans rom with a theme over it. Evil Eris i can't speak for because I only tried the first version and that version was very buggy, but It might have been fixed with the latest release.

6. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

IDK, but this was a double post.