To Eris or not to Eris . . . .General

Last Updated:

1. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, all!

So back in February I upgraded and got the Moto Droid. I was torn between the Eris and the Droid, but eventually decided on the Moto since the Eris hadn't been upgraded yet. I liked the look and feel of the Eris better, but aside from the upgrade, I wasn't sure how not having a flash on the camera was going to work out either.

So I had my Droid and I loved it, but it was heavy. The extra weight was from the physical keyboard, which I never used. (Poor design, in my opinion.)

So here I am, almost five months later, and I sold my Droid and went to a BB Storm2. I was an avid BB user before switching to the Moto. I was happy to be back at first, but I've been using it for about a month and am really missing all of the Droid features. BB apps are more expensive, and not really up to par with Android at all. I was using K9 for email on my Droid and it worked just as good as BB email.

So I'm thinking of selling the BB and getting an Eris. I can pretty much make an even swap for my BB and a new Eris. However, I've been reading about people having problems since the upgrade.

For all you Eris users, would the switch be worth it, or should I just hold out until my February annual upgrade for the latest and greatest?

Advertisement
  2. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

wait until your upgrade.

i love my eris, but wouldnt buy another.

3. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

Eris > Storm if you someone wanted to do an even trade then I say go for it. Have you looked to trade someone for another Droid? Its a far superior device to both the Eris and the storm. I'm afraid you might be suprised at the lag on the eris. Especially coming from a Droid.

4. Papadroid

Papadroid VIP Member VIP Member

I agree with jreed, having had an eris and now using the droid, the droid is far superior in performance. If Verizon ever gets a phone that has the size, look and feel of the eris with similar technology of the new Motorolas coming out I would switch in a heartbeat!!!

5. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

Droid X is coming out in mid to late July...its a bit taller than Incredible.

6. thewhopper

thewhopper Member

Exactly :D

Eris is definitely a better choice when comparing it against the Storm, mainly because of the OS..aka Android. The lag on the Eris can be a pain...sometimes. Varies depending on the user..some definitely push it to the max (like the posters here :D )

I would only get it if it's nearly brand new or if Verizon has open enrollment on insurance. Some Eris phones have a problem with the screen scrolling to the left on it's own. A lot of users have reported it and I'm having the same issue myself. I think it's a hardware issue because it still occassionally happens even after I did a factory reset. Going to get it replaced probably in the next couple weeks or so.

7. fenwaynomar45

fenwaynomar45 Well-Known Member

id get the new droid thats coming out.

8. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

If you can swap with someone then i say go for it. Otherwise, i would wait till February to get the latest and greatest. No point in signing a contract for the Eris, great phone but very outdated compared to what is out and coming out.

9. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

D00D...

Going with a subpar hardware phone that has been discontinued to replace your moto droid is not a good choice.

Wait, go droidx or incredible. You will thank yourself.

10. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

wait till July 19 and get a Droid X. Killer hardware specs!!!! and not keyboard.....

11. unseenfun

unseenfun New Member

@trav473 you meant July 15th when the Droid X is officially released from Verizon, according to today's news sources. But after the 15th (the 19th) would work too. :D

12. unseenfun

unseenfun New Member

But, yes as trav473 said there is no physical keyboard in the new Droid X phone, which is also what everyone is saying now.

13. Familyguy1

Familyguy1 Well-Known Member

the X is basically a taller version of the incredible....

The Droid 2(due sometime in August, me thinks) does have keyboard

14. iggypop123

iggypop123 Well-Known Member

just get the droid x. if not then get the droid back. the eris should probably be the last of those 3 phones.

15. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks everyone. I was having some serious Droid withdraws. I'm using the BB now. The Moto Droid is gone.

I've decided to go ahead and sell the BB and get the Incredible. No sense in downgrading.

Thanks again for all of the responses!