To Eris or not to Eris?General

Last Updated:

1. Eris?

Eris? Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,
    I have been reading alot of mixed reviews on this phone. I am going tomorrow to either get the droid or eris. I had the Eris when it first came out and I dont know if it was just my phone or if alot of people have this problem...My battery would die every 3 hours, and that just doesnt seem normal considering all i did was download a few apps and send a few text messages...are they all this bad? and what is everyone who has had this phone for a while's thoughts of it.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

why get the eris when the n1 and incredible are in arm's reach?

3. MuerteMan

MuerteMan Well-Known Member

My phone lasts a day or so. It never really dies, but it gets close. I just plug it in before i go to bed and im fine. Also, i love my eris. I've had no issues with it.

4. Eris?

Because the phone is free right now and I dropped my blackberry storm 2 and the screen cracked badly..they want $90 for a refurb and in my experience with vzw referb..they are more messed up then the ones I send back!..but when is the incredible supposed to be out?

5. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

Get an Eris now, then in 3 weeks, when the N1 comes out, return the Eris because the battery life sucks and it lags too much.

6. dhrandy

dhrandy Well-Known Member

I like my Eris. Get what you can afford. And I agree with mcbtrain929.

7. JrzDroid

JrzDroid Well-Known Member

Your eris shouldn't have died in 3 hours. Mine can last two days on a full charge with a lot of texting and dome surfing. If you get the eris follow suggestions given at the top of the eris forum and you should be fine

Eris? likes this.
  8. dhrandy

dhrandy Well-Known Member

You must have a miracle battery. Mine will usually last until the end of the day with light usage in the morning and heaving usage in the evening. I need to keep it plugged in if using for GPS.

9. JrzDroid

I don't have auto sync, gps is disabled, I use WiFi when possible, don't use many widgets, no Facebook notifications, and have my brightness turned down.
    My eris seems to be better off battery wise then quite a few peoples.

10. Eris?

Well the phone would be no fun then..facebook, myspace, different apps/widgets are pretty much what i would be getting it for..otherwise i would just replace my blah blackberry with no fun apps.

11. Eris?

I have to charge my storm every night i can handle that..thats an ok battery for me..i just hope if i get the eris again its not every 3 hours because that was just crazy :eek:

12. JrzDroid

You gotta know that I get almost two days like this. With widgets on and notifications I could probably get a solid 12- 20 hours

13. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Battery life is like any smart phone. If you have bad reception, it's exceptionally bad.

Following battery longevity advice helps. Buying an extended battery helps. One has 3500mah. I'm going to get it some day, maybe.

Charging at night is no big deal. If you have a phone that costs $500 brand new outside of a plan or eBay, you should probably have good habits (like charging it at night, and NOT dropping it). If you have these habits, you'll be just fine.

I chose Eris over Droid because a) I find a full keyboard almost useless b) Sense UI is a lot nicer than stock Android c) the Eris feels like a phone and not a square brick (even though its vertical and horizontal dimensions are almost the same at maximum.

Eris is a great phone. Good luck with that.

14. fungalMonk

fungalMonk Well-Known Member

Three hours does seem a bit out of the ordinary. I charge mine every night, and it's never all that dead even then.

15. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

If you have an upgrade due, I say get an eris, familiarize yourself with Android then return it and get an N1 or the Desire when it comes out.