To factory reset or not to factory reset.Support

Last Updated:

1. jayochs

jayochs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

**I HAVE ALREADY FACTORY RESET ONCE SINCE I DOWNLOADED THE OTA OF 2.2 EARLY IN SEPTEMBER**

but when i did such, i used mybackup pro to restore ALL of my apps, rather than redownloading them. it also restored any data i have, my texts, etc etc.

however, if you've been following, i'm constantly talking about lag while typing in froyo that was never there with 2.1, especially while texting (be it the stock app, handcent, or google talk) and it's getting SO damn annoying.

now, when i factory reset, i also did it from the menu iwthin security, and i even wiped the internal memory. i'm seeing other methods, such as powering on while holding one of the vol buttons. ayn difference btwn the two?

basically, i don't wanna go through the hassle because i already factory reset once to try to get rid of the typing lag and it didn't do ANYTHING, so im wondering if it's worth it to try again and NOT use mybackup pro to restore ANYTHING this time, and just do it all myself.

Advertisement
  2. NilsE

NilsE Well-Known Member

There is a very good possibility that doing a full restore of apps and data after the last factory reset may very well have reintroduced whatever is causing the lag. There are a number of applications that did fine on 2.1 but were not yet ready for 2.2.

So, with no guarantee that a full reset and manually reinstalling everything fresh will cure the problem but from other peoples experiences I think it is worth a shot.

If you do it I suggest you install one or two apps at a time to see what if anything reintroduces the problem. If it does not come back well, that's great. If it does then you may know the culprit.

3. tbeas

tbeas Well-Known Member

If you use the stock messaging app, you will get typing lag if your thread contains hundreds of messages. This happened before the 2.2 update as well. Just delete the thread and it will stop.