To flash 2.2 W/Sense or Stock 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. Haste75

Haste75 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Which do you think would give the most benefits, power and battery wise?

I believe that you can download launcher pro and this does the same thing as sense, wich makes me think it might be better to load stock 2.2 as Sense seems to take alot of ram/battery up.

Advertisement
  2. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

I use Launcher Pro, but I flashed a Sense ROM anyway.

I personally hate the stock notification bar...

3. lob

lob Well-Known Member

Launcher pro won't do the same as sense. It lay be similarbut you won't get the since widgets or pinch previews. I also assume that you won't get things like face book sync with contacts or the custom sense clock app. Find out exactly what the differences are between stock Android and HTC since then make your decision. However, I would also like to know if there is any differences in battery life or performance between the two roms.

4. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Actually, you can get the pinch view with Launcher Pro.

5. g4rvd4

g4rvd4 Well-Known Member

I'd get Sense, love the interface.
    Plus Sense camera is way better than Froyo.

6. masherthemash

masherthemash Active Member

I've got a sense ROM but use launcher pro so best of both really. Some reason I never feel the need to go back to sense, I've got everything set up nicely through launcher.

Each to their own.

7. chris100575

chris100575 Well-Known Member

I'm using Launcher Pro on a Sense rom at the moment, I did try stock Android but I prefer the notification bar, keyboard and a few other bits that come with Sense. If anyone has seen a performance / battery benefit to using stock Android I'd be interested to know though.

8. benner

benner Well-Known Member

i tried 3 or 4 roms now and found the opendesire 2.3 to be the fastest/smoothest. i installed launcher pr and fancy widget and pure messages to ty to reproduce the sense UI. still seems faster and smoother to me than the sense roms i tried. don't know if everyone will have the same experience but i am pleased so far with the results.

9. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

A stock froyo rom will probably be the fastest & most efficient on battery, the sense ui versions have the ui running on top which will make them slower albeit by milliseconds & consume slightly more power.
    The differences are or should be tiny though, visually sense ui is nicer to work with.