To get insurance or not? How much can a used Hero be had for?

1. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member

To insure the Hero through Sprint is $7 / month plus a $100 deductible if I have to make a claim. So that's $184 per year, if I loose the phone at exactly the 12 month mark.

How much can one get a used Hero for these days? Or maybe there are places that sell them refurbished? Obviously, I'd have to pay full price (no Sprint discounts or anything).

Thanks,
    -v

Advertisement
    :
  2. F.L.A.M.z

F.L.A.M.z Member

Insurance is BS unless its a new just released phone. Hero and moments go for 100 - 200 on Craigslist. 100 deductible is too much on top of 7 per phone per month . its cheaper to buy used ones sometimes they are even new ones you buy.
  3. Vesbon

Vesbon Well-Known Member

Actually e*bay is still selling them in the $300 range. I even did completed listings and they are $250 and up. In that case, insurance may be worth it. I didn't think the Hero's would be that expensive anymore, now that the EVO is out. I thought maybe $75 (since it's used)

Thanks,
    -v
  4. tinyin210

tinyin210 New Member

well if you look at it you dont have to pay 7 a month for insurance 3 is for equipment replacement that is for system failure screen goes out that is good to have but 4 dollars more you get the protection from theft jumping/or getting thrown into a pool things like that but the best part i would say is the $100 bucks that it takes to get a new/refurb phone can be charged to your account and can be paid over time given you dont have a low spending limit if your like me i have a 400 dollar spending limit my bill is $109 a month with taxes if i charge the deductible and send 129 5 times i get a replaement phone no inturuption of service and if you have had the phone a long time and it is not in circulation anymore they send you the next best phone and its new not the next new refurb phone