To get the EVO on the 4th or not....that is the question!

Last Updated:

1. St33zy

St33zy Member This Topic's Starter

So basically i got a call from the sprint kiosk that i pre-ordered the phone from saying that they will not have the evo for possibly 2 weeks! They give me 2 options........

1. I can wait, and by doing so they will give me 1 free accessory of my choosing or a bluetooth at a discounted price, etc.

or

2. I can go to the sprint store down the road who did not take pre-orders and wait in line to get one.

So my question is, should I wait it out and get the free accessory, or just go get the phone i've been waiting for 2 months for?

Advertisement
  2. rdegk15

rdegk15 Well-Known Member

sprint store

3. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

Go wait in line and make it a party!

4. Kingkoa

Kingkoa Well-Known Member

Wait in line on friday, the accessory isn't worth it

5. Mikesnap

Mikesnap Well-Known Member

6. Bales

Bales Well-Known Member

That's not a question!!!! For every Evo not purchased on the 4th, God kills a kitten.

7. Bales

Bales Well-Known Member

save the kittehs! Buy an evo on the 4th!!!!

8. clambert1273

clambert1273 Well-Known Member

waiting is blasphemy! I agree... SAVE THE KITTENS!

[​IMG]

9. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

^ What she said! :D

10. avengence

avengence Well-Known Member

Go wait in line. I am going at 6am. I hope no one else is in line before me or if there is, not too many people. I am not even sure how many each store gets.

It sucks not knowing for sure that you will get the phone but I guess thats how it goes!

11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

You pre-ordered at a 3rd party Sprint store? Why didn't u just pre-order at Best Buy or Radio Shack? I'd say wait in line...

12. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

I would go to a Radio Shack first at 6am if no luck go to the Sprint store. My Radio Shack said they got a few extras. Make sure you call the store to make sure they will be opening at 6 some are not. People forget about Radio Shack selling Sprint I think its going to be your best bet. They also give you the rebate up front no fooling around and waiting.

13. zeux6

zeux6 Well-Known Member

Don't feel too bad. I have to wait until the 10th to get mine. No big deal to me as I still love my Hero. Best Buy put mine later because all the pre-orders for the 4th were all taken. I don't mind waiting just a little longer.

14. tx_brandon

tx_brandon Well-Known Member

Im waiting until July 1st so I can avoid paying ETF :) My accessories should be here next week so at least I'll have those on hand as soon as I buy my EVO.

15. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Here is a harder one. I'm not eligible for my one year premier upgrade until Oct 1st. That kind of stings.

So the way i see it i have a couple options.

1. Buy for 450 out of pocket. Sell my Hero for 125-175. Then in October go to Best Buy and use my upgrade on something that i will just immediately resell to recover part a good portion of my remaining money spent on the EVO.
    2. Wait until Oct and keep my Hero until then.

Its a shame Sprint will make me go through that. But i understand its the business also. Sprint would be better off just moving my upgrade date up to now. That way they wont have to pay Best Buy a commission. In the end it makes more sense for sprint to upgrade me. But as we know they wont always listen to this logic.

Its not even totally about the money. I think we all can afford the phone even at 450. But if i decide i cant wait, i will take advantage of the upgrade in October a resell whatever phone i buy to recover my out of pocket money.

16. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

I am not getting an EVO, but this picture at least makes me want to try one out.

17. St33zy

St33zy Member This Topic's Starter

well......i called radio shack today and set up an appointment! so at 1030am tomorrow morning, I will have my EVO!!!!