To have a task killer or not to have a task killer?Support

Last Updated:

1. Kmfiremedic111

Kmfiremedic111 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been reading a lot of posts and forums that are telling people that Task killers are NOT necessary and slow phone down and drain battery. I have also been told that task managers are actually not good for the system. What are your thoughts? I would like to know from Transform users.

Advertisement
  2. Kmfiremedic111

And if you don't have a task killer how are you supposed to kill tasks, apps, settings, or whatever? Won't that slow your system down? When I kill tasks my memory goes up significantly.

3. psiphi

psiphi Member

The problem with task killers on android is the tasks usually end up starting up again.... Advanced Task Manager is fine to have installed just to monitor whats running and killing stuff thats broken when testing out stuff, but don't use the auto kill functions... You will just get loops of kill, restart, kill, restart,etc...

I use 3 different Android systems, an Eken Tablet w/ 1.6, the Transform w/ 2.1, and a custom 2.2 Android build on my Touch Pro. Typically, I only use a task killer on the 2.2 system, as that is my test platform to see if an app is well behaved.

Kmfiremedic111 likes this.
  4. Kmfiremedic111

Thanks. I actually found a few really good articles on why they are not necessary for the phone at all based on how android is programed. Like you said it is ok to have ATK to monitor what is running and to ocassionally shut off a bad program, but not kill after kill after kill. I actually uninstalled all the task killers and such that I have and phone runs better.