33 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. I don't gots it!

12 vote(s)
    26.7%

Last Updated:

1. jmt9779

jmt9779 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so I got the insurance when i bought my droid but I'm thinking about ditching it. $8 a month, right? 12 months per year = $96 a year. And if you actually have to use it, you pay your $90 deductible for a refurb. That doesn't exactly sound wonderful to me...Especially when I have my old Blackberry Curve that I can use instead if my Droid should happen to meet some unfortunate accident.

What are you guys doing?

Advertisement
  2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I have the insurance but I too am thinking about dropping it, you can get an out of warranty replacement from VZW after the 1 year manufacturers warranty for the same as the insurance deductible.

3. SamMax

SamMax Well-Known Member

I would rather have bamboo shoved under my finger nails than go back to a BB.

7.99 = Peace of mind.

4. Joewoowoo

Joewoowoo Well-Known Member

bought insurance once for my sons phone and he unfortunatly went swimming with it, what a friggin fiasco to get a replacement that was "like new " never again. If you fight hard enough and get the right customer service rep you can always get something back without insurance. Save your money ! 8 bucks a month and a 90 $ deductable , no thanks .Just try to be carefull and not careless.

5. PowerTools

PowerTools Member

I got the insurance.

I've been using smartphones for years now (Treo 600) and have always had the insurance. In that time, I've probably exchanged phones over a dozen times. There was only one time that they made me pay the deductible. Regardless, I've never had a hassle and my replacement phone has shown up in no more than two business days from my first contact with Verizon.

Keep in mind, that unless you're a really good salesmen (when chatting with customer service), if the phone has failed and it was your fault, you will not get the new-every-two offer and may end up shelling out a lot more money for the phone.

That being said, I agree with former posters that you can sometimes get all this treatment without carrying insurance, but it all depends on the situation and who you talk to on the phone. The stores have always been more difficult to deal with, in my opinion.

6. joeonetime

joeonetime New Member