• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To My New Nexus One Neighbors...

NowVoyager

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2009
Left Coast
You know, I had WONDERFUL service on Google Voice before the onslaught of Nexus One users joined the family. We had a nice small family of invitees with great service. Never a hitch. Enter Nexus One types. Now GV is sending high pitched noises, dropping calls and spitting out lots of retrys on connect.

I want you all to go quietly away and give back my GV...thank you! LOL

No, huh? :rolleyes:

Well System6, let's just say that my service diminished at about the same time as the launch. And since as you say...you Don't know...let's just say that *something* happened in the same time frame.

Bottom line, I am now having the above issues with the service. I need to blame someone. I have chosen to blame the Nexus One users because I don't have that cute little phone.

And please, ladies and gentlemen...note the tongue-in-cheek tone of these postings. Let us not get in a twit for real... I love the Nexus One. Okay? Are we clear?

But you have to admit the timing of the decline in my Google Voice service is picture perfect to blame them. LOL

Upvote 0
Yep. I knew exactly what I was saying! In your own post (in your link above) you say that the Nexus One comes with Google Voice onboard. And is it too much of a stretch to think that other users like yourself waited to use the service until they got their N1's?

And no, I don't think that I can help you with your Google Voice issues. My app works fine. I think that Google didn't prepare for the amount of people using the service simultaneously. And so, my issues will no doubt disappear as Google expands the network.

Upvote 0
Yep. I knew exactly what I was saying! In your own post (in your link above) you say that the Nexus One comes with Google Voice onboard. And is it too much of a stretch to think that other users like yourself waited to use the service until they got their N1's?

And no, I don't think that I can help you with your Google Voice issues. My app works fine. I think that Google didn't prepare for the amount of people using the service simultaneously. And so, my issues will no doubt disappear as Google expands the network.
I don't believe you get a free Google Voice account with purchase of a Nexus One phone.

I don't know, maybe Google decided to authorize thousands of invite requests all at once when the Nexus One launched as a... celebration?

Upvote 0
Well, I know for a fact that they released invites lately because I got some. So, we know that more invites went out ahead of the launch. But due to the reduction in my quality of service, I wouldn't want any more invites to go out anytime soon!

Time to report feedback to Google. Thought I'd air it out here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same.

Upvote 0
Well, I know for a fact that they released invites lately because I got some. So, we know that more invites went out ahead of the launch. But due to the reduction in my quality of service, I wouldn't want any more invites to go out anytime soon!

Time to report feedback to Google. Thought I'd air it out here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same.
I haven't seen a degradation in service from Google Voice, but I don't use it much either. Most of my usage is Voicemail-related.

Upvote 0
That's weird, because after scouring forums for 30 minutes, I have found 2 people who got invites. IDK...

There were invites released some weeks prior to the launch. We have a thread here specifically for invites. Some were given away here simply for the asking.

Google Voice invites were issued 3 to a person...at least that is what I and others here received. Google announced that they were issuing Google Voice invites to existing members and the roll out took WEEKS before they actually showed up. GV invites were scarce. Most people received tons of Google Wave invites in contrast and were trading Wave invites for GV invites.

Upvote 0
Are you a used car dealer?

Google voice invite FREE CALLING Free SMS Text unused - eBay (item 250562009478 end time Jan-12-10 11:48:32 PST)

LOL. I didn't bother to check. I was just throwing it out there because people seemed to be acting as if invites are are to come by.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones