To My New Nexus One Neighbors...

Last Updated:

1. NowVoyager

NowVoyager Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

You know, I had WONDERFUL service on Google Voice before the onslaught of Nexus One users joined the family. We had a nice small family of invitees with great service. Never a hitch. Enter Nexus One types. Now GV is sending high pitched noises, dropping calls and spitting out lots of retrys on connect.

I want you all to go quietly away and give back my GV...thank you! LOL

No, huh? :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. System6

System6 Well-Known Member

Dear Voyager,

Google talk does not work for any Nexus one users who don't already have a google voice account, which most of them don't, or were already using it on another android. Coincidence, delusion, or a Google issue, IDK, but there has not been an onslaught of new users just FYI. :)

3. NowVoyager

Well System6, let's just say that my service diminished at about the same time as the launch. And since as you say...you Don't know...let's just say that *something* happened in the same time frame.

Bottom line, I am now having the above issues with the service. I need to blame someone. I have chosen to blame the Nexus One users because I don't have that cute little phone.

And please, ladies and gentlemen...note the tongue-in-cheek tone of these postings. Let us not get in a twit for real... I love the Nexus One. Okay? Are we clear?

But you have to admit the timing of the decline in my Google Voice service is picture perfect to blame them. LOL

4. System6

5. NowVoyager

Yep. I knew exactly what I was saying! In your own post (in your link above) you say that the Nexus One comes with Google Voice onboard. And is it too much of a stretch to think that other users like yourself waited to use the service until they got their N1's?

And no, I don't think that I can help you with your Google Voice issues. My app works fine. I think that Google didn't prepare for the amount of people using the service simultaneously. And so, my issues will no doubt disappear as Google expands the network.

6. System6

It does come with the app, but it doesn't work unless you already have an existing Google voice account. It just says "service not available at this time". ;)

Did you look at my screen shots?

7. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I don't believe you get a free Google Voice account with purchase of a Nexus One phone.

I don't know, maybe Google decided to authorize thousands of invite requests all at once when the Nexus One launched as a... celebration?

8. System6

You didn't get an account, and after being on the list, my wife being on the list, and friends of mine being on the list for months I can assure you they haven't authorized a single one of ours.... east coast, to the midwest, to west coast. NADA.

I had to get on ebay to get mine. :/

9. NowVoyager

Well, I know for a fact that they released invites lately because I got some. So, we know that more invites went out ahead of the launch. But due to the reduction in my quality of service, I wouldn't want any more invites to go out anytime soon!

Time to report feedback to Google. Thought I'd air it out here to see if anyone else was experiencing the same.

10. System6

That's weird, because after scouring forums for 30 minutes, I have found 2 people who got invites. IDK...

11. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

I haven't seen a degradation in service from Google Voice, but I don't use it much either. Most of my usage is Voicemail-related.

12. NowVoyager

There were invites released some weeks prior to the launch. We have a thread here specifically for invites. Some were given away here simply for the asking.

Google Voice invites were issued 3 to a person...at least that is what I and others here received. Google announced that they were issuing Google Voice invites to existing members and the roll out took WEEKS before they actually showed up. GV invites were scarce. Most people received tons of Google Wave invites in contrast and were trading Wave invites for GV invites.

13. NowVoyager

My usage is heavier and so the degradation is glaringly apparent. It affects my callers also. This makes it more than annoying. :rolleyes:

14. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

I have 3 invites. I'll let em go for $20 each.

15. t-mizzle

t-mizzle Well-Known Member

16. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

17. t-mizzle

t-mizzle Well-Known Member

lol they are hard to get by for those that don't have one. I applied and got one a long time ago.

Google's formula for approval is a mystery. I had GV, I couldn't get in on wave. I sent a GV to friend. He applied to wave and got it right away and then invited me.