• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Avail] To non AT&T roamers (other carriers)

anthony062991

Aug 6, 2011
If you own a zte roamer from another carrier I would like to take a look into making a custom rom for your carrier specific. Please post a working download link with as close to stock rom as posible. I will try my best to develop roms for those of you having sms issues with using AT&T roms.

NOTE:
DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM ANY OF THESE LINKS POSTED IN THIS THREAD! YOU MAY GET A BRICKED DEVICE! THIS THREAD IS FOR DEVELOPMENT PURPOSE ONLY!

Reply in a posting with:
-Name of your carrier
-Model Number
-A working download link

Feel free to donate to further my education!

Well here it is:
VIP Serbia
ZTE Roamer (Z990 in Serbia,V860 in Brazil)
Stock roms:
http://www.multiupload.com/KO3GUO0RAP
http://www.multiupload.com/A0S33SR2KB
It would be awesome if you can cook a custom rom like one.two cause we are really struggling with roms here,we have Pro100 Winston custom rom but it has a bug with proximity sensor (it locks the phone and you cannot hang up except removing the battery),Ligux (crashing and bootloops) and that's it.I'm using a brazilian stock rom (Vivo carrier,first download link),and using your kernel and V6 script,and it's better but still it's not really it.
Looking forward to try your custom rom.

Upvote 0
Well here it is:
VIP Serbia
ZTE Roamer (Z990 in Serbia,V860 in Brazil)
Stock roms:
http://www.multiupload.com/KO3GUO0RAP
http://www.multiupload.com/A0S33SR2KB
It would be awesome if you can cook a custom rom like one.two cause we are really struggling with roms here,we have Pro100 Winston custom rom but it has a bug with proximity sensor (it locks the phone and you cannot hang up except removing the battery),Ligux (crashing and bootloops) and that's it.I'm using a brazilian stock rom (Vivo carrier,first download link),and using your kernel and V6 script,and it's better but still it's not really it.
Looking forward to try your custom rom.

Thank you for the info. Do you mind using another web server like mediafire? I have some trouble with multiupload for some reason?

Have you flashed my kernel1.0? If you have does it work with your stock rom?

Upvote 0
I flashed your kernel and it works excellent with stock rom I'm using (brazilian Vivo)
Here are direct downloads: Index of /roms/zte/roamer
(first link on the list is Vivo,cannot find newest Vip Serbia rom GB_VIP_P736TV1.0.0B02)
Also,here is Pro100 Winston rom which is good except that bug I mentioned ??????.?????

I'm glad the kernel works for you guys. I will defiantly make a rom like mine with my kernel in included. Thanks for the links again. I am running out of time at the moment, but I will come up with something soon! If you find any other info just let me know. Thnaks for your help.

Upvote 0
Thank you very much,it would be great. I will post all the other info I can find.
One question:how much RAM you guys have?Here in Serbia on stock rom with just a few apps we have 30-50mb of free ram. :(

Sent from my ZTE V860 using Tapatalk

Yea no problem.
We have about 100mb freed up.. There is probably a lot of apps I can delete with your stock rom to make more stage. Maybe I can swap out the ramdisk also to make more memory. I will take a look at it no later than the weekend when I get some free time. Thanks for letting me know about your mb also..

Upvote 0
Yes I would ;)

Thanks I appreciate it!
I downloaded both roms last night with vary little time to check them out but the first rom is pure stock and the second is a custom rom someone had build. The first one may take a little longer because I have to find root for it, but it shouldn't be to bad. The second has a theme and rooted and a bunch of stuff in there. I will have to replace some stuff from att stock rom. I may get some more time to check it out some more this evening some time or tomorrow evening. I will keep posting updates as I build for these non att devices. I should have put this topic in the general section and not the root. Oh well..

Upvote 0
Here is root for stock rom: artemfomin.blog.tut.by/files/2011/12/update.zip
Like I said,that custom rom I posted has a bug with proximity sensor,when you make a call it locks the screen off and you cannot hang up except removing the battery.We can't get it touch with developers of that rom to point them out to that bug and it's pretty annoying.
Maybe I should try your new rom & kernel, maybe we can set the sms/mms setting right.
EDIT:someone in Serbia already tried it (Motomaniac) and sms/mms doesn't work :(

Upvote 0
Here is root for stock rom: artemfomin.blog.tut.by/files/2011/12/update.zip
Like I said,that custom rom I posted has a bug with proximity sensor,when you make a call it locks the screen off and you cannot hang up except removing the battery.We can't get it touch with developers of that rom to point them out to that bug and it's pretty annoying.
Maybe I should try your new rom & kernel, maybe we can set the sms/mms setting right.
EDIT:someone in Serbia already tried it (Motomaniac) and sms/mms doesn't work :(

I will take a look at it. There is a tweak I can add to try and fix the screen issue. It may or may not work. I get off work in a few hours. I will see if the tweak works. If not is there a stock version of that rom? About the sms and mms try using apn backup and restore from the market and restore your apn. That should get at least mms to work.

Upvote 0
And here is VIP Serbia (our carrier) stock rom: 2012-02-04.17.40.54.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Also,I found a ZTE ROAMER Series - Gingerbread kernel(2.6.35) source code if it helps: Service Bulletins Detail

Thanks for the upload. I will take a look at it when I get off work. The ZTE roamer source code is pretty much useless as I can't even compile with the thing. In my kernel thread I was able to find a working kernel source from the blade forums and was able to compile it without any errors.

Upvote 0
I did my best to provide all the info and downloads I could get.It would be best if you can cook it out of Vip Serbia stock rom and include your kernel.I also noticed an awful lag with keyboard (4 different keyboards) on stock browser,but it works great on Opera Mini o_O
Also,fixing a proximity sensor bug on Winston rom would be great too.Looking forward to try out your work.

Upvote 0
I did my best to provide all the info and downloads I could get.It would be best if you can cook it out of Vip Serbia stock rom and include your kernel.I also noticed an awful lag with keyboard (4 different keyboards) on stock browser,but it works great on Opera Mini o_O
Also,fixing a proximity sensor bug on Winston rom would be great too.Looking forward to try out your work.

I've also have issues with keyboards and browsers for some odd reason? I'm not sure what it could be. Even stock rom has that issue also. Which rom is for your device? The vip one? I will work with your device first then.

Upvote 0
Yes,Vip is ours and there are many of us waiting for a decent rom for our phones in Serbia.
Like I said,that lag exists only in stock browser,and keyboards work excellent in Opera Mini browser.
Don't forget to include your OC kernel :D

Okay I will develop for Vip devices for a starting point. I am downloading it at the moment. Is it rooted or complete stock? I'm not so sure if I'm able to fix lag because our devices have the same issue.. I will defiantly add my oc kernel with it. Don't worry. lol

First things first! Deodex your entire rom! This will also give you some more memory btw..

Upvote 0
It's a complete stock,and here's root: artemfomin.blog.tut.by/files/2011/12/update.zip
It's ok for the lag,I'll use Opera Mini ;)
I also think that your rom will work on all european devices since they made it for Vip and partner carriers like Vodafone etc.

The link is broken.. It may or may not work with att devices. We might have the sms not working like you guys have in our roms.

Upvote 0
Try to copy/paste the link in the browser,it works for me (Google Chrome).
It's serbian btw...Glad it works.

So I think I got everything in the rom now! I am flashing it right now to see if it flashes correctly! I added in the same tweaks and everything just like my rom one.three. It did flash and boot with no problems! ahhh I forgot to add one more thing.. OC kernel works! everything seems to be working great. I will send you a PM of the rom as soon as I add something in.

Edit:
Phone just rebooted on its own? Vary odd.. I think it was overclocked to high. Now the phone is stuck in a bootloop! :(

Edit:
I have another idea/ alternative. I will try it out. Sit tight.

Edit:
Flashing second round.. Hopefully this works out..

Edit:
Now running into status bar force closing.... What next? lol. Now system reboots again. I think I may know what the issue is.

Edit;
lol! 2am? that is super late!
It is 7pm here! what a difference!

Edit;
This is really making me mad now. I think I am going to have to compile a kernel for your device specific. I should be able to use my kernel because we have same devices... idk what could be causing the bootloop after the phone boots up? Maybe there was an stock app I deleted and I didn't know what it does?

Edit:
This is going to take a bit longer than what I had attended! I am going to compile a kernel for your device to see if that is the problem. I put the phone to sleep and the phone goes in a bootloop and never comes back on? I will have to back track my steps to see what went wrong?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones