to: Potential Incredible BuyersGeneral

1. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member

Please keep this in mind when you are considering to buy this phone or any other device. It may seem like this phone has tons of problems by looking at all the threads on this forum about problem this or problem that.

Please remember that it will always look that way on just about every forum. Why? Because a higher percentage of people with problems will search out a forum and make a thread about it versus people that don't have any problems with their phone. You will never find a product forum with people just gushing about awesome it is, they are too busy using said product to bother.

The people here posting about their problems with incredible, i'm sure, make up a VERY VERY small percentage of total Incredible owners.

**Thanks GoatLantern I needed that line in the second paragraph.

Advertisement
  2. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

I second this.
  3. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

great point. mine is just about perfect as are most.
  4. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

This should be a PSA on every product forum out there, you will never find a forum with people just gushing about how much they like their phones, because well they are too busy playing with said phone to care to come here and gush!
  5. nickreich

I also wanted to add that it is very easy to start negative rumors and mass hysteria.

So don't support it, honestly, if it sounds stupid, looks stupid, it probably is stupid. Don't even bother responding to that crap.
  6. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Like I've always said: For every 1 user that has an issue, there are 500 that don't. Even if it's something tiny, there are 500 people out there with no issues at all. People don't join forums to tell how they like something. They join to find answers, complain, and if they're like me, procrastinate at work.. :D
    nickreich likes this.
  7. nickreich

I wish I could procrastinate at work by lurking in this forum. But i'm a lifeguard for Discovery Cove. That would be bad.
  8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I disagree some. I think people who gravitate here are tech fanatics with high expectations. Me? I love the Inc., but I turned it in because of call quality. I am not fly by night, I had over 2000 posts waiting for the Inc. I need superior call quality. I didn't get it. After I returned my dinc, I went back to my 6900 and got the greater VZW reception I'm used to.
    jroc likes this.
  9. nickreich

Yeah you have your tech fanatics, but 99/100 people posting a problem are probably Joe Schmoe just bought the phone and wants answers.

I saw this same exact thing when I went to the Apple Macbook Pro forums for the first generation. I was thinking about getting it, thinking about. Read all this crap about it. Went ahead and bought one anyway. Never had a single problem with it.
  10. dm33

dm33 Well-Known Member

Unless you're looking at an iPhone 4 thread.
    All iPhone 4s have a fundamental design issue with reception when holding the phone with your hand. Not all iPhone 4 users realize they have the problem because it does not occur if you have a very strong signal.
  11. IcedTC

IcedTC Well-Known Member

I love this phone and have had almost zero problems. Sure I've had some force closes but other than that its been amazing its fast and the perfect size. I have had no call quality issues and no technical issues. A+ so far
  12. l1tech

l1tech Member

Yea, if you procrastinate, the little blue kids will get you fired :eek:
  13. nickreich

I haven't received my incredible yet, but i'm sure there is an app for that.
  14. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Procrastination at work? Yup, it's called "Tapatalk Pro" :D
  15. nickreich

I hate to bump, but this will be the only one. More people need to understand this.
  16. agree I have had mine since launch day and no problems with mine
  17. gti18t04

gti18t04 Active Member

Agreed and even if you have a bad device verizon is very understanding and send replacements to your house. I am on my 3rd inc and I would do it all over again for this amazing phone.
  18. nickreich

Also, the grass is rarely greener on the other side when it comes to the tech world.
  19. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

You had a bad phone. I realize others have complained of the same issue. Perhaps not all Incredibles were built equally. I do know there is at least one Incredible with crystal clear call quality, and I have it. I've used more cellphones over the years than I can count on both hands. My Incredible blows them all away with regard to call quality.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  20. nickreich

If I recall correctly, less than 2.5% of all cellphones are faulty on arrival. This is an average of all cellphones made.
  21. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Don't get me wrong. I loved my phone. It's one of the greatest phones out there. There was no time given on when the OTA call quality fix would be sent out. Had I known they were going have it this soon, I might have kept it. A LOT of other people were complaining about call quality. That's why the CSR Tech guy gave me the WFG at 59 days out. I use my phone for business calls. Every call gets forwarded through my cellphone. The call quality has to be vzw quality. It just wasn't with the Inc. Yeah, I definitely would have held onto it had I known the OTA was just around the corner. Oh well.
  22. nickreich

Did you consider a replacement?
  23. SeattleYanksFan

SeattleYanksFan Well-Known Member

I hear you. My point was simply that my Incredible has had perfect call quality since I received it on April 27th. No OTA was needed to fix mine. My father's Incredible also didn't need an OTA. Many reviews I read from the initial Incredibles also mentioned excellent call quality.

I guess there's nothing you can do if you are holding out for the DX (which will be an awesome phone as well), I was just saying that not all Incredibles have call quality issues for anyone who reads this thread and might be turned off thinking all Incredibles are plagued with that problem.
  24. dzien

dzien Member

How common is the pink hue? i'm gonna flip my lid if I waited a month for a pink hued phone and then have to wait another month and a half for a new one.
  25. nickreich

I'm willing to bet most of the pink hued complainers are just people looking for something to bitch about. This my opinion because I haven't seen any proof or comparisons.