• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

to replace or not to replace...

zim2704

Nov 5, 2009
Had a problem with my screen not showing anything. It was still responsive because i could feel vibrations when i would press something and i could bring up the phone and dial numbers from memory.

Now after spending time on the phone w/ verizon and having a replacement shipped out it started working again. I have had this phone from the first day it was released and haven't had any problems with it until now. Is it worth the risk of activating the replacement now that my original has started working again? What are some of the things i should check on the replacement before activating? Also if i activate and find a problem w/ the replacement will they let me re-activate my original?

BTW it wouldn't even show the boot animation after a battery pull so its not like it was a bad app. or some sort of problem with cm.5.0.7.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones