• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To replace out not to replace

dk98classic

Lurker
Jul 20, 2011
I currently own a debranded Sony Ericsson X10. I have enjoyed the phone very much. It was/is my first android device. I am looking at the Samsung Infuse due to a $49 upgrade option for said phone. The X10 I understand is getting Gingerbread the first part of August. Sale me on keeping the X10 if you dare! The Samsung can downloaded out of market apps, 1.2G processor, huge, amazing screen. The only draw back I can see is the physical size.
What do you think, thanks.

I currently own a debranded Sony Ericsson X10. I have enjoyed the phone very much. It was/is my first android device. I am looking at the Samsung Infuse due to a $49 upgrade option for said phone. The X10 I understand is getting Gingerbread the first part of August. Sale me on keeping the X10 if you dare! The Samsung can downloaded out of market apps, 1.2G processor, huge, amazing screen. The only draw back I can see is the physical size.
What do you think, thanks.

Unless you are a branded Verizon x10, you can also download and install non market apps (check Unknown Sources under Apps)

Samsung Infuse 4G - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The x10 is a year older than the Samsung. 4G is nice (if your city actually has the coverage)

The Samsung is bigger....too big for my liking. I didn't like the size of the galaxy either....but it you feel you want the bigger screen...do it.

The only other thing that I don't like is that the Samsung only comes with 512 MB of RAM onboard.....more than the x10....but 1 GB would have been nice.

I donno what the picture quality is actually like. As you know, not all 5 megapixel camera phones are the same, same as 8 or 8.1 megapixel cameras.

Here is a review

Samsung Infuse 4G review -- Engadget

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones