To ROM or not to ROM?

Last Updated:

1. CaucasionJ

CaucasionJ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had my first ROM installed ApexV1.0 and it was nice for awhile then i started getting reboots. I ended up flashing back to my rooted/deodexed blackglass theme with no rom and now im deciding if its even worth having a ROM and if so which? Ive been looking at Rubix and FlyX and still have the flash for Apex. Anyone shed some knowledge my way?

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

ThaT! is the question! ;)

I'd go back to apex and do a factory data reset. Clean it up. It is the most stable rom around. My guess is that something you d/l'd didn't agree with you. :)

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

very stable but no way to know if it is the most stable around since everyones phone reacts differently. OP for instance.

4. Steven58

true. .. well.. it's the most stable for me and for many other folks I've spoken to.. does that count? ;)

5. Bankswood

Bankswood Well-Known Member

Glad this thread got started. I have been following faber78's tread on his development of the black and blue theme for fission 2.2. I also have BlackGlass theme over stock rom. Here is the deal, there is nothing wrong with my present set up but I like to try new things and learn stuff. That said if I flash fission 2.2 rom (or any other rom for that matter) will I see improved performance, IU experience, battery life, etc or is it just something fun to do.

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

you will most likely see improvement across the board. Just know that if you install the new ApeX you will need to be updated to the most recent Leak first.

7. CaucasionJ

CaucasionJ Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok if i go back to Apex i can just to back into my ROM Manager and flash the backup i made with APex installed?

8. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Well-Known Member

Actually Fab did some great work and ported the new Apex over to 2.3.15 as well. There is a dialer problem, but he already has the what to do to fix that up as well. I am downloading now to get ready to go to that as well.

Also I have tried Apex and Rubix and had soft reboots on both, but they are more often on Rubix.

9. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

I had many more resets on ApeX than RubiX, but I do put that down to the built in overclocking. If you disable that, it may be more stable.

10. Steven58

yeah, you can do that as well. :)

CaucasionJ likes this.
  11. Steven58

Ooooooooooooooooh! Absolutely! I disabled it and use the oc app. That's what Fab recommends for his new 1.2.1 anyway. He wrote 1.0 beFORE the oc apps came available. Now that they are around, he's deleted that aspect of the rom as being unnecessary.

12. Btros

Btros Well-Known Member

Nice, I'll have to give it a try again.