To Root or not to Root? That is the question.

1. paponando

paponando Member

I rooted my HTC Incredible 2 and it was working great. Until one day I left it charging, and when i came back nothing. And when i say "nothing" I mean nothing!. So i have my wife's phone and her's is still stock. Should i root it or not? Does anybody out there know if maybe me rooting my phone was the cause of it having some sort of cardiac arrest and killing over?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

Moved to the rooted section for proper support

Don B.
  3. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Well, I'm in a similar situation. I had to send in my phone for repairs (insurance) and I got a new phone back. I'm just waiting for the battery to charge and then I'll activate it, root and ROM. My deal is that I'm a Miui fangirl and I hate the bloatware and (IMO) clunky Sense skin. I may be a special situation though...I literally get anxious if I don't have root on a phone. Must.have.CONTROL!!! lol

FWIW before I sent my phone back in I unrooted it; so if that's what's stopping you don't let it. It was pretty straightforward.

Good luck!

Oh and to answer your initial question, no absolutely not. You can brick it in the process of rooting but once done it's as stable as anything.
  4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Whoa. Magdelaine is back! Good to see you again. The problem was a bad charging port.
  5. magdelaine

magdelaine Well-Known Member

Hi BBerry! Everything was rocking along for so long I just didn't have to check in very much. Then I had to go drop and step on my phone, though...so here I am learning everything all over again.
  6. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

Personally, I say that if you are comfortable rooting your phone, then you should do it again. There are so many GREAT dev's out there pumping out some good stuff that it is almost pointless to not root. Plus think of all the bloatware that you will be able to get rid of!

Kratos
    paponando likes this.
  7. paponando

paponando Member

thanks! that just confirmed what i was feeling. root