To sense or not to sense

Last Updated:

1. hockeyfreakb4

hockeyfreakb4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so the htc incredible is coming out soon and my biggest dilema is the sense ui. i love it but it makes you have to wait for the update so much longer. We all know nexus ones are going to get every update first, then google experience phones than custom ui phones... so my decision is do i sell my droid and get the incredible (i have extra upgrades on family plan) or do i keep my droid so im not stuck on an older version of android after a little while just like the hero stuck on 1.5 or 1.6 or w.e.... my question is, do you guys think the updates will be pathetic on incredible, or will they be as fast or mediocre as motorola is with the droid?

Advertisement
  2. Bill

Bill Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat, but unfortunately past history tells us it will be a while for this phone to get an update. Is there even a sense UI phone that has even received a 2.0 or 2.1 update yet? 2.0 has been out for like 6 months. The only hope we have is that we know Google sees this as an issue and are trying to fix this in the next upgrade.

Bill

3. dmodert66

dmodert66 Well-Known Member

I'm just waiting patiently, since they are working on both Desire and Incredible roms for the Droid...I'll slap it on there once it's ready..

4. hockeyfreakb4

hockeyfreakb4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

the only thing i see different is..
    1 now sense ui can be turned off so does that mean that it is a home replacement and is more transferable than before, meaning does that mean they coded it differently and now it wont be very hard to skin future updates?
    2 there are plenty of phones with the same hardware that the updated software can be ported from aka nexus one on all major networks (verizon nexus one rom should work perfectly with same hardware and network right?

5. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

Just wait a while, the sense ui rom over at alldroid is coming along nicely