To the owners who have the White Evo

Last Updated:

1. Mathematik

Mathematik Member This Topic's Starter

I ordered a White one through BB and they made a mistake and sent me a black one. I have not went and picked it up yet as I am still on the fence about the white one. I am at work now and a friend of mine showed me his Iphone and ge took it out the case since the White Evo and the Iphone both have the glossy finish on the back. When he took it out the case it wasa all scratched up and chipped and I was wondering to the people who have the White one have they had an bad experiences on the back of their White back? My phones are always in cases and I just wanted the white one for a different look, but if the back will eventually look like the back of his Iphone then I will just settle with the Black. By the way what kind of finish is on the back of the black one?

Advertisement
  2. nu2android

nu2android Well-Known Member

Nice grippy rubberized plastic, doesn't feel cheap. Pick up the evo and you can always get a better quality white back for it if you really want the white, blue, red, purple, lavender, pink, fuscia, cyan, etc. LOL.

3. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

Glossy finishes look cheap to me, especially plastic glossy finishes. Black evo has a nice matte finish. The chrome HTC logo looks really good. The top edge of my kickstand is getting pretty scratched up, but I think it adds character to the evo :)

4. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I actually love my white EVO, but I do have a skin on the back of it. Adds a nice touch because the skin takes away from the phone being glaringly white.

Nontheless, I had 3 black EVO's before I got my white one and the white one was the least problematic (although, I can't say the different color had anything to do with that).

Worst case scenario, you could always buy one of the replacement battery covers one of the users is selling on here. I believe he made a white battery cover as well.

5. vampash1987

vampash1987 Member

If you don't mind me asking, which user is selling battery doors?

6. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

vampash1987 likes this.
  7. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

My wife has the wife one and loves it. She leaves it in a case and never been scratched when I take it out to check it out.

8. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

I had a white Evo, the cover is pretty durable. I replaced it for reasons not related to the battery door cover, with a black Evo.

To me it really didn't make that big of a difference since my Evo's aren't naked.

The black cover is a rubberish finish. pretty nice.

9. brushrop03

brushrop03 Well-Known Member

I have the white Evo and love it. It's been about 6 weeks and no issues. I don't use a case cause I like the way it looks. Still looks just as good as it did the first day I bought it.

10. Drew5150

Drew5150 Well-Known Member

if your going to put it in a case anyway why does the color matter?

11. uapyro

uapyro Active Member

I have a white one, and in the Seidio Innocase II.

I only have it because it was the only one BB had to replace my 1st EVO that was acting up.

Overall I actually like the white one, where the battery/volume/power button it looks pretty nice with white highlights, the only part I'm not so hot about is the back area where the camera is. If I had a black door, it'd look awesome, but I'm not going to bother about buying one any time soon.

12. Evoixmrftw

Evoixmrftw Well-Known Member

I had a white evo and loved it...all the way up untill the day it lost a battle with a car door.:( Kept it caseless in my pocket for the first month I owned it. Not a scratch on it. I bought a black back cover from sprint cuz I thought it looked good with just the white ring. When I get my new/referbished evo it'll be going right back in the case with the black cover.

13. 06g35meister

06g35meister Member

I have my white one, no case, since launch day (July 11?) and ive let it slip a couple times and treat it like a phone (not gold) and its got absolutely ZERO signs of wear. Its nothing like the iphone believe you me.

14. rsage

rsage Active Member

I have the white, but in my opinion if you're going to go naked the black looks better. One thing I don't like about the white version is the front and front bezel are black, but the back and back bezel are white. It should be all white if they're going to bother putting out a white version, not a black and white zebra phone. Kind of makes it look cobbled together (again, in my opinion).

15. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I've had the white one since they came out - only chose it because Best Buy had white in stock and not black that week! I don't have a skin on it yet (waiting on my PhantomSkinz white carbon fiber kit to arrive) and it's in great shape still.

Also, I THINK the reason the bezel on the front is black and not white is because black makes for a better movie-viewing border. Colors pop, etc. and since this phone's big selling point is the screen, that may have something to do with it.

16. The SPCS Guy

The SPCS Guy Well-Known Member

...It doesn't matter if you're Black or White!! EVO.. EVO!!!

--Mr.DiVAJE