• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

To those buyin the EVO on a line eligible for upgrade then switchin to personal line:

anyone have any bad experiences doing this yet? easy as pie?
I did. Checked last night while at Best Buy replacing an item. The woman working said no problem, anybody that says they can't do it are just being lazy.
I get to the store this morning and I'm told they can't do it. I had my ESN numbers with me to make it easy.
There was some other issue and the computer wouldn't add the phones to my lines. I was there for almost two hours getting messages to the wrong phone.
Get to a desktop, Sprint.com, won't load on a mobile browser, and it won't deactivate the Evo. Maybe there was a problem with the site, don't know.
I had to call Sprint, on hold for 20 minutes, then spent another 20 minutes because the Evo wouldn't provision even after manual programing.

It finally started working at 11:07. I was at BB at 7:30.

Upvote 0
SO let me get this straight.

I'm on the 69.99 a month plan, so I could just add a line to get the evo, then xfer it to my number and then cancel the new line? What kind of fee comes with that?

No if you cancel the new line within the 30 days you would have to turn the phone back in.. And after 30 days you have the full ETF which is like 200.00 plus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones