To trade or not to trade.

1. wowitztai

wowitztai Member

yo wassup guys.. i just got an offer for a trade. and rooted google g1 with 2.1 mint for my 1 week old rooted 1.6 samsung behold 2. should i do it or not.

Advertisement
    :
  2. deathclutch

deathclutch Well-Known Member

No, just bring it back to tmobile and get a mt3s or wait and see whats around the corner
  3. eugenile

eugenile Well-Known Member

It depends, are you on a $10, $5.99, or $5 unlimited data plan on your behold 2? because it's the only tmobile branded android phone that will allow it. All others no matter if you change APN, will ask you to upgrade to $30 plan.

But if you are already paying $30 for your data, then I would, or get the slide.
  4. Streetman

Streetman Well-Known Member

Thread hijack. What about for a Galaxy 7500 running 1.6, rooted and able to WiFi tether?

That's what I'm doing tomorrow, if everything works out.
  5. psychoace

psychoace Well-Known Member

I have a G1 with Froyo and a Behold 2 1.6 (take5 rom). My behold 2 is a lot faster and more capable phone then the G1. The small things I'm missing out on from a 2.1 build does not make up for the speed and stability of the behold 2. I would not go back to my G1 for anything.
  6. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

God no. Upgrade to that samsung vibrant thats what I will be doing.
  7. wowitztai

wowitztai Member

pretty much i did the trade it wasnt bad i got the behold 2 for free. and imma wait for the samsung vibrant
  8. deathclutch

deathclutch Well-Known Member

you must be the only person that can say that
  9. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

2.1 or not, the G1 is antiquated technology ... you FAIL on that trade.
    2FR35H likes this.
  10. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

There will be all kinds of phones coming out with that being said I went with mts. Its solid.
  11. 2FR35H

2FR35H Well-Known Member

I don't know how to say this but Shawn1224 is 100% right that was a weak trade.

You went from better hardware to crap hardware..... You couldn't just wait a few days to upgrade to the Vibrant of which is currently running 2.1 android. smh.
  12. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

You should have traded it for a donut or a twix bar.

Now either one of those would have been a fair trade. :)
  13. Jesus = me!

Jesus = me! Well-Known Member

wat a dumass the behold 2 was beter . g1 has not 3.5 mm jack no flash and cheap camera with less rom and ram . fail n no amoled screen
  14. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

and you could have gotten the 9.99 internet with the behold, now you have to pay 30 for the G1
  15. nemesys06

nemesys06 Well-Known Member

as disappointed in the behold ii as i have been, i would have to say that the behold ii is still a much better phone. I got the phone because of course, the promise 2.1. however, another selling factor was the multi-media functions. it is among the top when it comes to multi-media.