To upgrade or not??General

Last Updated:

1. jaykap

jaykap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

I'm still somewhat new to the Eris but I lurk the forums everyday and have a question. I see many people on here have the leaked version of 2.1. I have also been watching many videos on YouTube about it. My question is this...which version is the best to get, do I need to wipe my phone before installing, and will I lose anything important I already have? If someone could help me out, id greatly appreciate it

Advertisement
  2. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Get Version 3. No need to wipe the phone yourself.
    Only thing I wish I woulda did was right down the APPS i had, but that's not even needed. Just be sure to back up your contacts on GMAIL. And just to be safe, save your Pics, MP3's, etc to your PC/Laptop.

3. T2noob

T2noob Well-Known Member

If you are 1.5 I would say go root you get all the benefits of the leaks with lots more like over clocking which is being worked on as I type
    If you are a leak its really personal choice.

4. BlueDC2

BlueDC2 Well-Known Member

Root it. The newest leak with root is, from what I hear, pretty stable and you could just have standard 2.1 and root... I'd look into that if I were you, I wish I had root :(

5. raphifix

raphifix Well-Known Member

+1

The devs are in the process of building off the new kernel AFAIK. If you leak, there's no going back. But if you root, you can roll back, and rooting gives you a much wider variety of alternative 2.1 roms with different feature sets.

6. jaykap

jaykap Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for all the help you guys. one other question...has anyone posted a video on youtube showing how to root the eris from 1.5 to 2.1?

7. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

idk, but there is a step by step guide on the root subforum. its a sticky right there at the top