• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Toast question

old_codger

Jun 3, 2011
WV
First, I'm not a programmer or developer.
Bought a new phone and have a few tones I can't quite identify. Per "Notification History,' one of those tones is associated with a Toast message. I get no popup, just a tone. Notification History shows the message as 'Connected to WiFi Network [network name].'
Is there a way to silence the tone? Do I really need to know when I'm connected to a network. Is there a way to open Toast and get it to skip some of it's messages?

I can't find anything online and there's nothing in the manual which states it's a system toast/notification: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/howtoguide/N0000003/20788/298941

However, on my SGS3 Mini, if I head to Settings -> WiFi -> Menu button -> Advanced, there's an option for Network Notification. If you turn that off, does it make a difference?

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones