Today (3rd) Is Upgrade day!!General

1. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

Yep, Orange have sent me an email and today is the day I can upgrade...yaaay!

It's going to be hard to give up my adopted baby but the DHD has to go :(

The question is what next??

HTC isn't an option at the moment due to non expandable memory, so it's looking like either the SG3 or maybe the something from Sony - but I do like the SG3 especially with the limited edition Olympics design available!!

The other option is to keep the DHD for a bit, maybe drop to a PAYG SIM until HTC see sense (No pun intended) and release a phone that I can put a memory card in.

Advertisement
    :
  2. CDPlant

CDPlant Guides Guide

You won't regret an S3 - great software, great camera, super fast, really good battery life and jelly bean coming really soon :D

Rooting it is a bit strange (and you have to do backups of certain folders in the system that aren't in HTC phones) but it's very easy and there are a lot of roms available.

I say go for it :D
  3. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

S3 or wait for the note 2
  4. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I would think that decision for the average user would depend upon how big a phone you want, and how much you want the stylus. The main draw of the Note 2 for the technically inclined is the 2 GB of RAM.
  5. nigsy

nigsy Well-Known Member

The Note is nice, but I want a phone, not some hybrid tablet / phone and the stylus went out with my old Sony Xperia running windows.

I think it's the S3.
  6. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

If it's the size of the note that puts you off, then fair enough. But if it's the pen, well, I never use it. It's just there tucked away in the phone. It's not mandatory that you have to use the thing.