Today my Droid ate 2 Batteries.......

Last Updated:

1. antni77

antni77 Member This Topic's Starter

It is now 12:15 am est. My phone ate it's first battery for breakfast and lunch and died at 2:15. Left the house at 930 for school, sat in class and surfed the internet for a bit, made a few phone calls to meet up with a friend at the gym. Once at the gym I used Men's health mobile workout app(recommend):) at which point my 1st battery died, Pop in my fully charged 2nd battery cruising through the day few phone calls nothing over 4 minutes, sat in class browsed some more and played wixel and what the doodle....went out after calss for a drink. and finally my droid had ingested its 2nd battery timing out at 11. I am rooted running at 1200mhz with profiles set...Also having lots of problems with swype force closing....anyone experiencing the same problem? also I would like to poll the amount of droid owners having a 2nd battery.

Advertisement
  2. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

get the new swype beta, 1.25. upgrade to ese53 if you aren't. turn off gps, use wifi when ya can. lower your brightness, turn off auto brightness, use screebl

i suggest all of these

3. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

How long have you had your phone? Battery conditioning is always a factor.

What rom are you running? What is your CPU governor setting in SetCPU?

Consider dropping your max frequency below 1200.

I'm running bugless beast (2.0.1 based) @ 1000 mhz, ondemand cpu governor. Today (well, yesterday) I unplugged the phone around 7 am, made/received about 20 calls, so somewhere around 40-50 minutes talk time, used navigation for about 15 minutes, sent/received a lot of texts, and listened to about 30 minutes of music. I probably spent around 20 minutes browsing. I'm sitting here nearly 21 hours later with 40% charge, auto brightness on, live wallpaper running. I've had the phone since launch day.

I'm sure you've seen the battery use chart before, check yours out and see if one of those apps is sucking power.

4. Graz

Graz Well-Known Member

Damn, you are going to have a fat phone.