Today Theme/notification

Last Updated:

1. rezajune

rezajune Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been used to the blackberry "Today" theme and this theme is
    important to me because it has all the important notifications on the front wall,
    such as "messages"(all emails and text), calender, and call log.

Can I configure this droid so when I look at it in a glance and know what emails I have been receiving, whats coming up on the calender..etc etc. without pressing any apps or widgets.

Thanks.

rezajune

Advertisement
  2. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

Same here...I don't have a full answer yet, but it does seem like we'll be able to put together a home screen w/whatever we want on it, including recent email, calendar, and SMS (which is what I have on my BB homescreen). I think we'll have more flexibility w/the Droid than we did w/BB themes...

3. shoot2score67

shoot2score67 New Member

Ditto that. I have BB as well. One of the appeals of the CLIQ was the all-in-one notification (I believe). Hopefully the Droid can do all that (and more).

4. knickerbocker

knickerbocker Well-Known Member

A short answer is yes...

The long answer is that Android is highly customized. You have three home screens on the stock version of Android. One you always start with and then one to the right and left. You can place widgets, shortcuts, folders or favorites on each of these home screens.

So if you want, you can have your calendar on the main screen displaying your upcoming appointments along with your e-mail accounts that would display if you had messages (and how many).

In the end, your home screen hopefully will be better than the Today home screen on the BB (I use that today as well).

5. kingohearts2005

kingohearts2005 Active Member

The great thing about android also is the notification panel. It works on the home screen and any other screen you may be on when using the device. Anytime you get an email new voicemail or any notification it is there on the top of the page. So it is honestly more useful than the today screen of the blackberry. You can just slide it down see what it is specifically and tend to it or disregard it by sliding it right back up.

6. rezajune

rezajune Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

7. lobe50

lobe50 Well-Known Member

I am looking for the same setup.

BTW how do you move folders and items to the other 2 screens???

All I have found is to really like push w/ your finger nail to the side you want as you drag?? It doesn't seem to just drag over to the next screen??

Thanks

8. shoot2score67

shoot2score67 New Member

9. Wakey

Wakey Well-Known Member

I think you hold down the icon until it vibrates or changes color and then slide it over with your finger.

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

If you press and hold over the icon, it will enlarge (and if you have vibrate turned on for UI notifications it will also vibrate) and then you drag it wherever you want it to go.

11. lobe50

lobe50 Well-Known Member

Thats what I thought....but it vibrates , I can slide it around, BUT it is very hard to drag it to the next screen, you really have to roll you finger against the side of the screen??

12. bossei

bossei Member

Bump! I like that prototype; very nice and useful! I will definately buy this.

13. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Yeah, it is tricky - drag to edge of screen and hold it there for a couple of seconds (roughly same length of time as you hold the icon itself to enable moving it) and then the next screen should show. I have about 90% success rate with this method.

14. lobe50

lobe50 Well-Known Member

Thanks...that does work a bit better