Today's $.25 apps compatiblitiy ?General

1. skelms

skelms Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my mom to ship my nexus 7
    I am guessing nova launcher is compatible, but is jellybean good enough without custom launchers.

The other question is horn. Does this game work with the nexus 7. It looks pretty nice but it's not compatible with my phone, and I might get it, if its compatible with the nexus 7
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. viper689

viper689 Well-Known Member

I love Nova Prime especially since you get gesture support. I love being able to swipe down from anywhere on the screen to get my notification bar to show. I'd say it's worth it. I use it on both my Nexus 7 (JellyBean) and my Galaxy Nexus (JellyBean). It couldn't hurt. It's only a quarter and I'm pretty sure you can get a refund. Not sure though but dev support is really good on Nova
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Horn is compatible with the nexus 7.

My download should finish within an hour or so :rolleyes:
  4. zetroc

zetroc Well-Known Member

Even if Horn sucks and Nova isn't compatible... you may as well buy them... they are just 25 cents. You'll be out 50 cents.
  5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Horn works and nova is well worth installing.
  6. skelms

skelms Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys, but I just found out that I can't purchase it unless I have a device that supports the app. When I'm on the play store I click purchase then it asks me which device to install it on, and all of mine or greyed out as incompatible, and the continue button is greyed out. I will have a compatible device when the nexus gets here but not today.

does anyone know of a work around?
    if not, I suppose I can use my play store credit later, but I want to take advantage of the sale today...argh

I found a work around here
    http://www.howtogeek.com/116456/how-to-install-incompatible-android-apps-from-google-play/

I changed the following
    ro.build.version.release=4.1.1
    ro.product.model=Nexus 7
    ro.product.brand=Google
    ro.product.name=nakasi
    ro.product.manufacturer=asus

Luckily I have a rooted andriod device
    Well I tried this, and still no luck, I was able to get my tablet to be compatible with the batman game but Horn is still not showing up as well as nova.
    when I go to settings and display device information it says that my tablet is the nexus 7 andriod number 4.1.1
    but the store is not being fooled