Today's dilema - outdoors screen visibility

Last Updated:

1. Merk78

Merk78 Active Member This Topic's Starter

What is the best wallpaper/brightness setting for outdoors screen visibility?

This morning I was running late for my lift and I missed a call from my mate asking where I was. I got my phone out and couldnt see a thing on the screen so had no idea who was ringing me. Turns out a plain black wallpaper and lowest setting brightness does not like being outdoors!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

I just use the Ocean Wave Live ported from Galaxy S wallpaper from the market with auto brightness and is ok most of the time for me. Now my battery has settled in I don't notice the live wallpapers and brightness killing it so much.

3. SB13X

SB13X Well-Known Member

Just run your phone at max brightness, trust me it isn't such a big drain on the battery as you'd imagine. You'll still get through the day and you'll be able to see your display no matter how sunny.

4. Akalatengo

Akalatengo Well-Known Member

it must be something wrong in your desire, I can see perfectly well on mine (full brightness and any wallpaper)

5. Merk78

Did you miss the part when I said black wallpaper and lowest brightness?? :p

I've put on a light wallpaper and turned the brightness up full.

6. Akalatengo

well done

7. Merk78

Glad you approve.

8. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member

Have you noticed a (slight lag) with that wallpaper ?? I have.

9. twisted_mind

twisted_mind Well-Known Member

I used to keep the brightness to 10% and could not see a thing on the screen outdoors obviously.
    Now for the past 2 weeks i've been using the screen on auto-brightness and its perfect even outdoors. Just leave it on auto and give it a while to settle in. I noticed for the first few hours the sensor wasn't adjusting the brightness well enough..later it was all fine.

10. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

One of the problems is that when you cannot see the screen, you cannot adjust the screen brightness. I solved this by using Tasker to create a task widget on a screen that will turn brightness up to maximum for 5 minutes. I know where the button is, so I can hit it even when I cannot see the screen, and I then have good visibility for 5 minutes without the bother of turning it back down again later.

11. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Cant say I've noticed too much. But the phones still fairly new to me so still in the honeymoon period:p

12. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member

My Desire is set to auto brightness, it doesn't seem to impact the battery much at all, my biggest battery saver is to turn off auto sync when I'm out and about

13. Akalatengo

For me too, also, I have task killer app that allow me to complete close apps running in the background.

14. kboya

kboya Well-Known Member

I use the auto setting, but with one big proviso: you take your sunglasses off when you look at the screen--you see it much better in bright light!! ;p