Today's "Official" Leak Questions

Last Updated:

1. below_radar_00

below_radar_00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all! I saw that a new leak that could be official came out today. I'm rooted with 2.2 (the old "official" leak). Is it worth it for me to put this new leak on my phone? I don't guess I care about losing root because I literally use no root applications. A few things have changed between these two 2.2 versions and I'm wondering if it will change my call clarity or phone speed.

Some of the things that changed:

My Baseband version is 2.05.00.06.11 new one is 2.15.00.07.28
    My Kernel version is 2.6.32.15-g7507bb0 new one is 2.6.32.15-gb7b01d1
    My Build number is 3.16.605.0 CL203589 new one is 3.21.605.1 CL231334
    My Software number is 3.16.605.0 new one is 3.21.605.1

Browser, PRI, PRL and ERI are all the same.

Also, if I install with root will I lose any applications, contacts, SMS or any other data?

Advertisement
  2. Two_cents

Two_cents Well-Known Member

as with any rom install official or not it is best to do a wipe incase there is any changes in the system framework that will cause conflict... but you will lose root unless you have unrevoked:forever to allow you to reinstall clockwork with S-off... and without root you will have to manually reinstall all your apps since titanium backup requires root

3. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

So what should we do if we already have the updated radio but nee to update to the new hboot?

Is the only option installing the entire new ruu?

4. Two_cents

there is a rom only install over on xda... i'm trying to figure out if the new hboot is even necessary... I think the new hboot only makes it harder to root... not sure though... i'll patiently wait for adryn or someone to make their version as I am content with third wave and kingxklick kernel...

5. below_radar_00

below_radar_00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So what could this new leak actually improve if we have the old leak? Speed, call quality, etc?

6. Two_cents

probly just the little stuff that chefs have been fixing for over a month... market issues, gmail bugs, audio issues,