Toe dipping

Last Updated:

1. matt_not_andrew

matt_not_andrew New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and Android. With all the hype in the UK this last couple of weeks I bought an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade). I've got previous for Nokia Symbian N86 and before that Windows Mobile in the form of HTC Touch HD, Orange M600 and Orange M1000.

I'm loving the droid for the apps and widgets. The Blade caught my eye as a cheap way into Android with the option to upgrade in February next year. The Mrs will likely inherit the Blade. So far it's a nice device, more responsive than my N86 for sure and a bit more than the Touch HD. I do miss the N86 camera but found I was using it less and less and more internet so the droid makes sense. At this rate I'll be sticking with the droid come upgrade and not go back to WinMo or jump to Iphone (although the games are very tempting).

I do use my phone on my motorbike a lot so will miss the voice calling. My N86 also took voice commands to read messages, tell the time, voice dial anything in the phone book so I am looking forward to finding a comparible app if there's one available.

Matt

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Android 2.1 is capable of support some voice commands but not necessarily everything you mentioned. An add-on like VLingo will provide you additional voice functionality. And Android FroYo will also provide improved voice functionality.

I use my Motorola Droid X with a Bluetooth headset while riding my Harley. It's not a perfect solution but it works OK...

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! I hope you feel free to join the conversations!

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Hi Matt & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....;)