Toggle between Hybrid and 1X-only mode of operation

Last Updated:

1. totallygreen

totallygreen Member This Topic's Starter

Since I have very poor reception in my house, Sprint sent me an airave. In order to save battery power, when I am in my house I like to change the mode of operation of my Hero from Hybrid to 1X-only.

The airave is 1X-only, so by setting the Hero to only use 1x-only signal, it is not constantly trying to reach the far away EVDO towers...Hence I get better battery life.

When I leave my house I like to switch the Hero back into hybrid mode.

Does anyone know of an easy way to toggle between the two modes? I downloaded Bettercut from the market and it does have a 3G shortcut that brings up the mobile network settings, but it doesn't actually bring you into the mode of operation settings.

Bettercut has an option to make your own shortcut, but when I try and make my own, it asks me to enter info like action, data and type...I have no idea what to enter into those fields.

If anyone could steer me in the right direction on how to quickly change between the two modes of operation I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You for any help.

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I wish I could get an Airave like so many others...

Doesn't work on satellite internet, and they won't cover the charges for an employee account (especially one that's only been active for a couple months lol)