• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Toggle screen lock

ManOverboard

Dec 29, 2010
NoVa
im looking for an app to be used with WidgetLocker that can enable the lock pattern before the set time lock. in my phones settings it is set to lock after 3 minutes of inactivity, but i want something to enable it before those 3 minutes. ive tried the one included with widgetsoid, fantasy lock, lockpattern on/off, and no lock, but none of them work. does anyone know any apps that can do this?

[FONT=&quot]App/Widget to toggle PIN lock?[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Same question as OP! There are a few of us with this question, and no one has a solution for us. I'll add to this thread an maybe get lucky....[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm asking the same thing as the OP.... I'll just word it differently here.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]First let me state that, for the purposes of this post, when I say "lock the screen", I want it to lock the screen *and then present me with the 4-digit PIN SECURITY code entry screen* after I slide to unlock. I had the "LockScreen" app installed on my Motorola Droid X and it did exactly that, just like I wanted. However, I cannot get that app or any other "lock screen" apps to do this on my HTC Incredible. I don't know if I got lucky with the "LockScreen" app that it did this on the Droid X, or if there's something different about the Incredible where none of these apps are capable of doing this.

I have it set to Lock (as in requiring the 4-digit PIN) after 15 minutes, because having it set to immediate would be a pain and unnecessary. I don't want to enter it every time the screen times out. However, there are times, like leaving my desk for a few minutes, where I want the phone SECURED immediately with my PIN. What app/widget will do this? I don't want to have to go into settings and change back and forth from "15 minutes" to "immediately" all the time.[/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones