• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

toggle to turn off both (wifi and mobile) data radios only

gtbarry

Android Expert
Jul 15, 2012
California
I've seen a lot of similar questions, but I am trying to be a little more granular here.

I know big programs like tasker, automateit etc. and more finite toggles will do this. But my ideal is this and I can't seem to find it:

- When I go to bed I want a single button to press that turns off mobile data and wifi. So, I don't get annoying email alerts about half off shipping, etc. at 2am. But I can still get texts and calls.

- then, when I wake, the same button activates data.

(also, a timer won't work since I don't go by a set schedule)

I have seen big programs that can do a lot more (read: tasker) and single widgets that are exactly what I want, but they only handle wifi OR mobile data.

Right now I swipe down my notifications and press wifi and mobile data to turn them off via the use of Settings Extended widget at the top of my notifications. That process is 5-clicks. Looking for a possible one-click.

Thanks!

I've seen a lot of similar questions, but I am trying to be a little more granular here.

I know big programs like tasker, automateit etc. and more finite toggles will do this. But my ideal is this and I can't seem to find it:

- When I go to bed I want a single button to press that turns off mobile data and wifi. So, I don't get annoying email alerts about half off shipping, etc. at 2am. But I can still get texts and calls.

- then, when I wake, the same button activates data.

(also, a timer won't work since I don't go by a set schedule)

I have seen big programs that can do a lot more (read: tasker) and single widgets that are exactly what I want, but they only handle wifi OR mobile data.

Right now I swipe down my notifications and press wifi and mobile data to turn them off via the use of Settings Extended widget at the top of my notifications. That process is 5-clicks. Looking for a possible one-click.

Thanks!

sorry just don't know of anything thing that turns off both radio's at once in widgit form

Upvote 0
You should try this gtbarry. Instead of a widget use a shortcut. Long press on tour Home screen, tap on Shortcuts, Settings shortcut, Data usage. Then when you tap on that shortcut on your screen you can toggle Mobile data off among other things. This will not affect your voice calls. You will still see your bars.

hhhmmmmm, running 4.2.2 and I have no idea where "tour home screen" is.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones