Tomorrow....

Last Updated:

1. vicshalls

vicshalls Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

do you think they will let us do the manual update? I know i read somewhere that we could start the manual one on 8/1 and they would push it on 8/3. Did I read that right? I am just wondering. If not I can wait til tuesday or longer if need be.

Advertisement
  2. emac

emac Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone here as any clue what HTC/Sprint plans to do, to be honest. I figured that before yesterday, but I realized it for sure when everyone was expecting to get an update on their phone yesterday.

3. exclamation_mark

exclamation_mark Well-Known Member

The way i understood it was that starting on the 3rd with the OTA notices you will be able to manually go into your settings/update and search for the update instead of waiting for your phone to give you the notice.

4. ericshmerick

ericshmerick Well-Known Member

Confusing launch. Well done Sprint.

Just install the 83meg update that's floating around.

GaryColeman and zombdroid like this.
  5. vicshalls

I guess it remains to be seen. I was just curious. I just really thought I read that you could do the manual starting tomorrow and they would start the push on the 3rd. Either easy just gives me something to look forward to.

6. dzar

dzar Well-Known Member

There is much room for interpretation based on the poorly-worded press release (which I, suspect, was by design so that they could easily change their minds). The way I read it is that starting on 8/3 they will roll out the update over a couple of weeks. If you don't want to wait for your place in line and the auto-notify, then you can manually ask for the update and get it, but starting on 8/3.

But who knows :)

7. vicshalls

OK so I remember where I read it at. On sprints facebook page. I went back and check and someone from sprint did say you could manually start the down load on 8/1 and the OTA would start coming out on 8/3. Not sure how true it is but what the heck I will try it and see what happens. Won't hurt anything to try. Lol

8. hawkijustin

hawkijustin Well-Known Member

The release said the week of 8/1 which is tomorrow and the start of a new week they will be rolling out the update. Starting the 3rd (which is in the week of 8/1) they will start pushing the update to people.

So its awful and confusing wording but it wont come out untill the 3rd.