TomTom maps!General

Last Updated:

1. partridge

partridge Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. MrPie

MrPie Well-Known Member

Yeah this is one really interesting feature that i wish i had a long time ago. And most of all its free. The great thing is that you don't have to wait for the map to load. When you're in a certain area. The Phone grabs data about the Area so you'll get information almost instantly. I wish this phone came out a few months back. Remember when i was rushing up and down a street to get to an appointment i had at a pharmacy lol

3. Lalaland

Lalaland Well-Known Member

You get the basic map for free, anything else including navigation, traffic etc. is all paid for. You can subscribe for a week, a month or a year.

Mine had to download a few files when I first ran it and to be honest it's not as good as Google maps and certainly nowhere near as good as the new Navigon 3.5 that was recently released.

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

What are they charging for the navigation?

Can you also confirm that Google Maps / Lattitude etc all work as expected along side the HTC stuff?

5. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Ah! So it's Tomtom on the phone. I knew HTC had put mapping on but hadn't really thought about who's it was. That explains it.

Dave

6. The Hoff

The Hoff Well-Known Member

Oh... so the default 'Premium Navigation' on the phone is in fact Tom Tom, but just rebranded?

TBH I've been using Google Navigation anyway, but it's a real pain that it doesn't include speed camera information, oh and GPS speed would be nice too.

7. Lalaland

I'm not so sure that it's Tomtom to be honest.

I tested it tonight and it had a small logo at the bottom right of the map saying

"powered by Route66"

when it fired up. So it's not looking like Tomtom to me.

8. Lalaland

You get a basic map that you can look around on if you want. However to use features such as navigation, live traffic and other stuff you have to hit the 'upgrade' button and purchase a licence for a set period. To be honest I won't be using it.

Google Maps is free and I previously bought Navigon for my Desire, so no need.

Yep, they work fine. Street view is great, really quick, and I was more than impressed with Google Earth - now I have 1.2 gig free to install apps on the size of Google Earth is no longer a problem :D

9. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

Roughly how much though? Quite interested tbh.