• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help TONS of issues with my S4...

Hello,

I posted this as multiple threads on another Android forum I am apart of but I haven't received any replies. Please help!

1. Battery Life
When I unplug my phone my phone it shows as if it is fully charged but when I unplug it the phone shows it is at ~97% why is this?

115894d1399015534-question-why-my-battery-doing-uploadfromtaptalk1399015532444.jpg

That screenshot shows the info after I just unplugged the phone a few seconds ago. Makes no sense.

What about this? MightyText showed my phone was fully charged at 1:03p my time and now dashclock shows it is full as well but my phone says it is still charging a I am typing this..... Makes no sense to me.

116166d1399140761-question-why-my-battery-doing-uploadfromtaptalk1399140760524.jpg

Now it seems to be getting worse. I put in a new battery and my battery is at 70% and both MightyText + GSAM on the DashClock widget both say my phone is 100% charged. Just like in the picture above.

Today, I haven't used my phone for more than 2 minutes and it was mainly for a few messages on Facebook Messenger and screenshoting and having it plugged into the computer. I had it plugged in overnight last night. So it was at 100% when I woke up and unplugged it at 6:50am this morning.
It is now 9:58 but it was a bit earlier when I took this screenshot. It was at 51% in 3hrs.

988eea9b77b54c51c59064239e0543b4ceef283eb2.png

2. Data Issues
I am having tons of issues with my S4....most of them relate to the data. I want to know if anyone else is having these issues...

I

Extract from #1.0 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide...

These problems can manifest themselves in all sorts of ways... from non compatible app's continually running and causing high battery usage and over heating not to mention eating up your storage with constant log or dump files. Settings that are giving Forced Closes or very long screen lags. High RAM usage or screen freezes and shut-downs can all occur because the user app's or data have not, or can not, be integrated successfully into the new framework automatically during the change over.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've already done all of those. I've had replacement devices even. All of the issues carry over.

It might have been useful to have mentioned that you have taken all the steps mentioned in the Update Problems - Dummies Guide.

It does seem very odd that flashing the correct, stock, un-rooted, firmware to your phone has not solved your problems then as this is what they would do at a Samsung Service Point.

Upvote 0
Thanks for not helping me.

I'm not running any incompatible apps and this was both BEFORE and AFTER the 4.4.2 update. Exact same issues so the update has nothing to do with my issues (besides the game)

You are more likely to get help if you try to be polite. Having read this ill-mannered post, I shan't be reading any more of your posts and I doubt I'm the only one.

Upvote 0
Thanks for not helping me.

I'm not running any incompatible apps and this was both BEFORE and AFTER the 4.4.2 update. Exact same issues so the update has nothing to do with my issues (besides the game)

I was going to write a long response hitting on each of your issues...but after seeing how you treat other people, I will save my time. If you're going to be rude to people, don't expect to get any help. :thumbdown:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones