Too eager to sleep!

Last Updated:

1. LordDelmar

LordDelmar Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I came home from work at 5 and was exhausted (Sys admin for a hospital so can be a bit tiring). I knew I would be eager to wake up early to wait outside Radio Shack, so I decided to sleep while I was tired. Here it is, 11:30pm, I just woke up and I am too excited to go back to sleep.

Anyone else in the same boat or am I that much of a geek?

Wonder if I can get a discount for lack/loss of sleep....

Advertisement
    jgangsta likes this.
  2. Mateo

Mateo Well-Known Member

I'm just an insomniac but I am looking forward to tomorrow.. What time you planning on heading out?

3. Shawnz

Shawnz Well-Known Member

eh go get in line - lol

I just drove by the local Sprint store and while no-one was camped out front, the employees were hard at work setting up a huge EVO 4G display. Id have snapped a pic if I wasn't driving.

4. LordDelmar

Well, RS opens at 9, and the manager called me today and told me that they have 1 for sale... I will probably be there around 0600 but not sure if that is early enough.

The lack of sleep won't bother me for tomorrow, have some Vyvanse to ensure my mind works efficiently. Question is, how much good will I be when I have the EVO around?

Also worth noting, the manager is rather cute and come to think of it, I didn't ask her to call me for any reason. Hmm...

5. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member

Get drunk. Pass right out my friend.

6. LordDelmar

Not a chance! Getting drunk would only cause me to miss my 0600 arrival in front of the store. Course it would make waiting for the EVO much more entertaining, but rather not go there.

Besides, I'm a cheap drunk... two beers and I'll feel it. Would rather mix the drinks for my friends and watch the ensuing chaos.

7. Ky1e.YC

Ky1e.YC Well-Known Member

0500 get up, clean up, hit on the road on 0535. 5~10 mins driving, and waiting for opening.

8. LordDelmar

0530? nice...the 3 hour mark is about all I think I need here. Though, my luck, I will get there with a line already. Guess I will go charge the extra battery so I can stay on the forums while I wait.

We should start a poll or a thread for the people who are waiting outside the stores. Sad, need a live chat or some other way to keep in touch for updates across the country.

9. hannahxx

hannahxx Active Member

yes please, to a live chat! haha i think it's already too late for me to sleep, so i'm staying up and heading out at 5am for 6am opening... not early enough? thoughts??
    i wish i pre-ordered.

10. LordDelmar

I wish I could have preordered, but other expenses took priority. Though, I definitely wish our RS was opening at 0600. Sadly, because they only got one pre-order and one for sale, they aren't opening early.

Guess I'll go browse the games forum or other applications. With a decent proc and some native code, I should enjoy Android much more than I do now. Currently, I run it on my Touch Pro 2 and while it runs ok sometimes, other times its painfully slow.

0530 for an 0600 opening? might wanna do an hour beforehand if in a larger city. I'm in a city with 250k people and I'm going 3 hours early just to ensure I get one...

11. hannahxx

hannahxx Active Member

i'm in a town of ~57,000 (wow just googled that. i'm a dork)
    and the local RS took 6 pre-orders. i was thinking of getting there at 5am.

maybe 4:30am... ok 4am...

12. tourbound129

tourbound129 Well-Known Member

I just tried to fall asleep for over an hour and had no luck. Been up all day also and have to work all day again. Not good. Was planning to go to RS at 5am for a 6am opening because they have 8 available. Now that I will probably be up all night maybe I will just cruise over about 4am.

13. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

My best buy called and told me that they made a mistake and my appointment is now pushed back from 9:30am to 12:30pm :(

14. Joppie

Joppie Well-Known Member

I dozed off at 9:45. Woke up at 11:30. My RS opens at 6. So excited, I'm about to head out to camp now. Might as well. Nothings on TV.

15. hannahxx

hannahxx Active Member

joppie, you make me feel like i have no reason to wait around another 2 hours. was going to head over by 4am.

16. LordDelmar

Hmm, now I am curious if there is a wap or mobile version of the forums. Guess I'm off to check....wait, just saw the live chat link...huzzah!

17. Mateo

Mateo Well-Known Member

Seriously dont sweat it guys.. I dont think there will be this huge turn out at 6am for the phone. Its not black friday or something. You get there an hour before they open and your probably gonna be good. Worse comes to worse you can get it offline from Sprint, Wirefly, etc and get it monday. :)

18. hannahxx

hannahxx Active Member

if i'm willing to stay up all night for this, i refuse to wait until monday! haha
    my rational side thinks 5am is early enough, but then i start to think... what if i'm one person too late. and i should have gone earlier, and i'm not even doing anything right now?
    let's hope this phone is worth the insanity.

19. tourbound129

I'm "thinking" 5am is early enough as well but then the glass half empty mode kicks in and I think there is no way I'm that lucky. 5 years ago for the Xbox 360 launch I walked up to Sams Club at 6:45am for a 7am opening and got ticket number 19 or 20. Cutting it that close twice on launches...I seriously doubt I am that lucky. Now I'm even considering going before 4am.

20. Mateo

Mateo Well-Known Member

lol I cant believe that as hardcore about the phone you guys are that you didnt pre-order... And you guys are gonna be sitting outside the store by yourselves for a while watch lol. Please let me know how it goes and BE HONEST!

P.S. Good Luck! :)

21. tourbound129

Part of me hopes that I am by myself for a little while so that I am first in line. But the Loss Prevention part of me hopes I'm not so that I am atleast a little safer (eventhough the RS is in a safe place you can't ever be to safe).

22. Mateo

Mateo Well-Known Member

Haha Just sit in your car until it looks like someone is coming to get in line as well and then go claim your spot.

23. evoman2be913

evoman2be913 Well-Known Member

Going at 5 am also! lol

24. hannahxx

hannahxx Active Member

haha i would run to beat them in line. but then i'd have to awkwardly stay in line with them for another hour.

25. tourbound129

My RS faces a main street but the way the shopping center is designed there is only one entrance to the section the store is in...so I can see them coming early and hop out real quick.

However, I just have a feeling that at 4am I won't be the first person there.