• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Too eager to sleep!

I figured I'd be out here at RS alone. But sitting in the house was driving me nuts. A buddy of mine just called from a larger metro Atlanta Sprint store and says the line is already "20 deep" so I'm golden. Even told him to get his ass down here to keep me company. I'm like this with everything though. Flights, vacations, EVOs... You name it.

(Sent from my soon-to-be-TRASHED Blackberry)

Upvote 0
Think I will wait until around 0530 - 0545 and go to the donut shop up the road from the RS, grab some breakfast and come back and sit until 0900.

Work knows I'm going to be late because of the phone (boss actually laughed at me but said since I am also the mobile admin, he understood)

Now to find some apps to keep me busy while I sit at the store...

Upvote 0
Think I will wait until around 0530 - 0545 and go to the donut shop up the road from the RS, grab some breakfast and come back and sit until 0900.

Work knows I'm going to be late because of the phone (boss actually laughed at me but said since I am also the mobile admin, he understood)

Now to find some apps to keep me busy while I sit at the store...

Have you read the user guide and watched the vids on sprint's site yet? that should definitely pass the time.

Upvote 0
HA! About a dozen times in the past 3 days I'll bet. Now that you mention it though, I have not installed Sprint TV recently, so there might be something worthwhile to watch. (I honestly doubt it, but in my current state of mind, I could be entertained by reading a white paper)

Go to sprint.com bc they have this cool intro video about the features like they did for the pre when it first came out. Pretty sweet!

Upvote 0
Joppie--so 4am in Atlanta and you are at a RS by yourself? How many phones are available?

Yep... Just me until my buddy gets here. I'm out in the boonies of metro ATL though. I had a cop stop thru since I'm in a small plaza with my car backed up to the door. I guess he thought I was up to no good. I showed him this post! Said his brother was planning on coming through at 5:30 to get an EVO. LOL. The word is out I guess!

85 minutes and counting. :(

Upvote 0
Well its almost 4am here in Austin (well suburb of Austin) and hopefully I will post back here in about 30 minutes saying that I am atleast one of the first 8 people in line to get the phone. Crossing my fingers that my paranoia of being to late doesn't come to fruition.

Upvote 0
Well its almost 4am here in Austin (well suburb of Austin) and hopefully I will post back here in about 30 minutes saying that I am atleast one of the first 8 people in line to get the phone. Crossing my fingers that my paranoia of being to late doesn't come to fruition.

Better safe than sorry, I always say. Get going! You know you wanna! I can't tell you how relieved I was when I saw this empty parking lot. I just KNEW there would be tents and RVs and shit all over the place with 35 people in line pushing and shoving. LOL. I'll be first in line. The anxiety and anticipation is worth it for me. YMMV

Upvote 0
I just signed onto my sprint account and went through the purchase process to make sure I am eligible for all the upgrades. I will be at Best Buy at 7 for my preorder, and I didn't want somebody telling I couldn't get the phone for $199

I have been up since 2am. I drank an energy drink early evening to stay up until 10pm -didn't get sleep the night before. Now I am paying for it.:eek:

At least I can hang out with you diehards:D

Reactions: jgangsta
Upvote 0
I am not picking up my pre-order from Best Buy until 2pm but since I am leaving work early today I must go in early. So my being awake is like 75% is due to my evo the other 25% just wanting to make sure I don't over sleep.

And hey look it's 5:13am on the east coast, Good Luck everyone who is starting their wait in line!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones