Too good to be trueGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Shellster218

Shellster218 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi I just wanted to see if anyone else had heard this before.

I ordered my phone from amazon and paid 199.00 no tax and when I called to activate it with Verizon, the lady told me that it wouldn't change my upgrade date.

I looked today on my account and the phone that was eligible for an upgrade, still says its eligible.

How could this be possible? What a deal, It was cheaper then ordering it from Verizon, I got it about a month faster because I ordered it last friday and received it on Monday, and it doesn't change my upgrade date.

It just sounds too good to be true.

Advertisement
  2. Excedio

Excedio Well-Known Member

3. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

Oh, here, just give me your account number and I will fix that for you.

haha. just kidding. congratulations then I suppose.

4. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Lucky, lucky, lucky duck!

5. Robhimself

Robhimself Well-Known Member

Yeah dude thats pretty awesome. I ended up uprading almost a year early but I really don't think verizon is dead set on the 2 year policy if you are getting smart phones.

6. Bing

Bing Well-Known Member

I signed up for a 1-year contract with my Incredible for only $30 more than a 2-year, meaning I'll be "upgrade eligible" in 12 months, as opposed to 24. Since it costs ~$200 to upgrade even at the discounted price, it's not something I plan to do more than once a year (with perhaps some exception), so I figured that $30 was a solid investment. Next year I want a forward facing camera, and probably a 4.3" screen too.

7. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I've been able to upgrade after 1 year but I waited to get my NE2 which I was able to get on launch day for the Inc. Anyway if I wanted to upgrade after 1 year on a 2 year contract I would get the 2 year price and pay $20 for the early upgrade.

8. Smabbage

Smabbage Well-Known Member

The biggest complaint seems to be the shear size of the new phones including the Moto X. I think the Incredible has the perfect form factor. Works for me anyway. :)

9. 550driver

550driver Well-Known Member

Rats..I got mine from Amazon and activated through Verizon also, just checked my Verizon account and I can't for another two years. (sigh)

10. allensull

allensull Member

Man thats great - I ordeded mine off Ebay I can't upgrade until next year and wanted to get something different than the Eris I had.

11. AndyLL

AndyLL Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing. It still shows I'm eliable for an update.

My worry is that Amazon was unable to properly sync with Verizon and that eventually they will charge me the full retail price.

I'm going to contact Verizon about it when I get around to it.

Andy

12. gvillager

gvillager Well-Known Member

Agreed... If your upgrade date didn't change and your contract didn't renew then Amazon won't be getting their commission for the sale. Don't be surprised when Amazon charges you extra fees on your credit card and then you'll need to call around to get it straightened out.

13. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

If you currently have a smart phone and you pay for the data plan.. you are eligible for upgrade after 1 year.. thats how I got my Droid Inc. This information is available on VZW website.

14. dpizzo

dpizzo Well-Known Member

I haven't even been a Verizon Customer for a year. Switched to Verizon in AUG of 09, Called Verizon in late May inquiring about prices for a refurbished Palm Pre Plus for the fiance because she just wasnt a fan of her Blackberry. The salesperson I spoke to offered an early upgrade at the one year price, and on a whim I asked if she could do the same with me for the Incredible and she did. But we are both still eligible on our original upgrade dates according to their website, which is fine by me.

15. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Verizon is very good about custom support IMO , yes I've talked to the shitty CSR but most the time they will take care of you if you ask (within reason of course)

Had a friend that used her upgrade for a Chocolate Touch and hates it but didn't decided she hated it for almost 3 months after getting it. And went on a long bitching fit about how bad Verizon is because when she went in all they offered her was another Chocolate Touch and wouldn't give her a new phone. So she cancelled her service paid the early termination and now is with Cricket lol

16. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

just checked mine and it shows i'm still eligible for an upgrade