Too many choices not enough money!

Which Android phone are you most interested in?

Poll closed Sep 18, 2010.
  1. Droid X

20.0%
  2. Droid Pro (if it's real)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Samsung Fascinate

20.0%
  4. HTC EVO (I know it will be renamed)

30.0%
  5. Other (Device name please)

30.0%

Last Updated:

1. nanllyn

nanllyn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm on Verizon and I have the Droid 1. Love it but have had some quirks with it. As well as I would like a phone with more memory so I can really use it as my mp3 player(need about 32GB minimum). And I would love a larger screen to read books on.
    So having said all that. I was seriously considering the Droid X when I heard about the Droid Pro (even though I know it all rumors at this time). The Pro sounds better and I would be happy to wait for it, but is it only rumor at this point(and what will the specs be??!!). Then I know the Samsung Fascinate is coming next week. But it's only 4" screen and 2GB memory. And not sure I want to leave the Motorola line as they have been so good to leave them unlocked and to send updates so regularly. I don't root or anything, although I would like that options should I choose it sometime down the road. Then I heard about the HTC android phone coming. Might be a good choice maybe. Not interested in the IPhone. Love Android OS too much.
    Sorry I will get to the point. I know there will always be a better phone coming around the bend but as far as anything coming out before 2011, what is your opinion on the best Android phone?
    Samsung sounds nice but I am not so sure about a Samsung. I've heard they may have a lot of software problems and not made as well as Motorola line of Droids.
    Just would love some opinions. I have read for weeks and weeks now, trying to figure out which one is best for me. So I thought I would see what everyone else is thinking of getting.
    Thanks for your help.

Advertisement
  2. tystevens

tystevens Well-Known Member

You're right, lots of choices out there just on the Verizon network alone. I've been considering the same phones as you, looking to get 2 (for me and my wife). I was just about settled on the DX, until the release date for the Fasc was leaked last week. After learning more about it, I think the Fasc is going to be the way we go. Disclaimer -- I'm new to the smartphone world, and don't have a lot of prior knowledge and/or biases against or in favor of any company (yet!).

I like the build quality of the DX, and it makes sense that a company making mostly only phones/communication devices would know how to do them right, compared to a large mega-company that makes everything under the sun. I like the screen size of the DX, but the device is a little large. I'm hoping the Fasc will be just right. Plus, my wife looked at side-by-side pics of each and said she wants the Fasc. Who am I to argue with that logic!? The recently announced Bogo on the Fasc certainly sweetens the deal.

3. bdforte69

bdforte69 Well-Known Member

The EPIC blows away the EVO. This has been proven time and time again through bench-marking and through just common sense looking at the two devices.

4. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Just got a Droid X. Left iPhone for it.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

....the Moment was supposed to be better than the Hero yet look how that one turned out... Samsung phones sure do look better on paper, no doubt there. We'll just have to wait and see if Samsung decides to drop the ball with this one as well.

Also, benchmarking doesn't prove much aside from hardware capability. Not always does it translate into usability.

6. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Epic 4G