Too many contacts!!Support

Last Updated:

1. Adeline

Adeline Member This Topic's Starter

Help! My Desire has (with good intention I'm sure) picked up all the people/organisations, etc I have ever emailed and added them to my contacts. Now all I really want is the people I normally phone and a few email addresses on there. Is there a way of setting up separate phone and email contacts or just stopping the phone adding all email addresses to my contacts?

Advertisement
  2. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

Yes. Go into people. Press menu, then view. Then un-tick the type of contacts you don't want to see in the list.

3. dogstar

dogstar Active Member

The above will help if you look at your contacts on the people app. On the phone app, you will still see all of them.

4. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

yep i have the same problem and i dont use people app to search through contacts but use dialer and all either unticked or ticked contacts are there.
    however, my solution to this was simple - just learned to live with it :) hehe

5. no fit state

This is true and for that I have no answer other than the best way to use the phone is to have the people icon on the homepage and use that to view your contacts.

6. no fit state

I find myself using the phone dialer to bring up my call history.. The bonus there is when the keypad pops up it hides all the random contacts below the call history behind it :D

gie62001 likes this.
  7. marky9074

marky9074 Well-Known Member

Go into google and delete all your contacts... extreme I know. Google auto adds every person you email as a contact. I started again from scratch and now keep an eye on the google contacts to make sure there's not too much crap...