too many emailnotifications

Last Updated:

1. possessionpt

possessionpt New Member This Topic's Starter

Since 2.2 upgrade if I do not open or delete any email in my in box I keep receiving new notifications on every refresh. Prior to upgrade one an email was downloaded from the pop3 server there would be no subsequent notifications. What can I do. IRRITATED.

Advertisement
  2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

It sounds as though you have an issue with your setup. There is myself and three other Droid owners within 50 feet of me and all of us have pop3 accounts setup and none are having this issue. I use K-9 Email and the others use stock with no "re-notification" issues. On my phone the notification always indicates the number of unread email messages, but after responding to the notification I only get a new notification when new mail arrives. I receive a lot of email through my pop account; so I set my update frequency to 1 time an hour to cut down on notifications, but before I set it that way I still only got notifications when new mail arrived, not when the screen refreshed.

BigRedGonzo

3. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I agree that using K9 is your best bet. You can set so many options, it's almost not funny. Try K9 and see if that fixes your issues. Just make sure you delete your account info from the stock email program or you will be getting double notifications for each email.

Kratos