1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Too many pattern attemptsSupport

1. zeo

zeo New Member

Hi;

I have forgotten my unlock pattern and was prompted an error message, "Too many pattern attempts"....to unlock, sign in with you Google Account...

Here's the issue, I have tried to log in many times and it won't allow me. I have no issues logging into Gmail on my home computer. I changed my password on Gmail and re-logged on my cell and no success. I tried to do a hard reset holding home button, up volume, and pressing the power button until the Samsung logo appears. I also tried to call my phone and access the memo pad so at least I can get to my home screen....no success...

Any suggestions? I think my phone has a bug and it probably needs to be sent out..

Advertisement
  2. goyal.sanchit

goyal.sanchit Well-Known Member

I definitely remember reading the exact same problem was mentioned by someone else also few days back. Maybe here or maybe on some other forum probably XDA Developers.

It seems to a bug which currently has no solution. I guess you would have to send your phone back.

WARNING: Everyone else do NOT try this with your phone. After 5 unsuccessful attempts your phone would be locked and it wont be possible to log in even with google account.
  3. stretch1662

stretch1662 New Member

4. britteva

britteva Member

I had the same problem with my tab. I called Samsung and they said they had never heard of this problem and that the only solution was to send the phone in for repair.

Anyone know if there is some recent news about how to fix this?