Too many screensGeneral

Last Updated:

1. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

so, is anyone else having trouble finding things to fill all their screens with?
    i only use 5 of the 7. i cant seem to find anything useful to put on the first and last screens!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. xstackedx

xstackedx Member

Your phone must run smooth like the Windows OS.

I say nay to SenseUI.

3. lilbballer27

lilbballer27 Well-Known Member

I can never find enough to put on my screens. I also only use 5. No idea what to put on the other 2 lol

4. andrizoid

i used to have helix, but i missed how slick sense looked.
    2.1.3 makes it run super smooth. no issues

5. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

Nice battery widget, which one is that?

You seem to like widgets, slap the full screen weather widget on one page and HTC notes on another to fill them up.

6. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

I was having that problem, but then I changed my background picture to a picture of my dog, and her face is at the bottom of the screen, so I only fill half of each screen so I can still see her face.

If you really do want something to fill the extra space, just add some extra widget, like a full-page calendar widget or a Tip Calculator widget.

7. xstackedx

xstackedx Member

I deleted senseUI. Now I use the default android home.

8. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I rarely go past the home screen. I have so much on there (Twidroid, Bloo, OEM browser, Xscope browser, camera, The Weather Channel, and other stuff) that I don't really need to go to the other screens much.

9. andrizoid

i do like widgets. they make things quick and simple in my opinion. i cant believe i forgot the notes. and ya...i used to have the weather widget but i didnt use it much. i have the weather clock with animations in the front page :)

whoo hoo!
    i <3 proposition 215
    :cool:

10. andrizoid

well have you looked into using Home or Helix to get rid of some of the screens? its not worth it to use sense if you only use on screen.

11. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

^This is true. I do have apps and widgets on 5 screens total but I end up not using them as much. For example, one screen is like my "media" screen and it has Pandora, iHeartradio, Video Player, etc. on it. I just don't use that stuff that much, to be honest.

12. smacky

smacky Banned

I use Home and I just use the home screen. To the left, I have the power widget from Android and the vLingo widget. On my main page, I'm still trying to remember what all I had on it prior to the beta 3.

13. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

dr appointment at med KUSH clinic? nice.

14. andrizoid

you cant delete sense. its still running in the background. you can switch back whenever you want

15. andrizoid

can you send me the file for vlingo?
    they closed the beta session before i got to it so the file is unavailable for download.

16. andrizoid

haha did i mention im a medical marijuana patient? :eek:

17. Kevkelsar

Kevkelsar Well-Known Member

I have no problem using all my screens. Then again, I need two calendar widgets going on two different screens alone. One for personal use, the other to manage Church meetings and activities. Then I have my main use (home), music and sports update, People widget, games, and finally one screen for other apps that I use from time to time (including the wifi/3g/gps toggles).

18. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

I only use the first screen, which houses the HTC Weather/Clock widget, TweetMeep, 3G On/Off switch, Handcent, and Mini Info. That's allll I need :)

19. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

I only use 3 screens. I tried switching to Home for a while, but didn't notice any performance difference, and missed the extremely slick Sense widgets

I also have myself trained/brainwashed by being a Windows/PC tech. The fewer icons on my "desktop" the better. Not the same on the phone, but old habits.....

20. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

I use 2 screens nearly exclusively. I have a favorites page filled with people I call the most but I forget about it and just end up hitting the call or phone button. I don't feel too guilty for leaving unused screens.

21. mhrebin

mhrebin Well-Known Member

i have been going back and forth from sense and home for quite awhile.lol the only widget I like from sense is the clock/weather widget. Even though you get the same info from click the clock app, something about having the widget on the homescreen is nice looking. I only use 3 screens at most.

i switch it up depending on how I am feeling that day. lol I have my home set up across three screens and while I can't notice that big of a difference in speed/battery life. It plays a mental game on me. Makes me think it is doing a world of difference but it might only be a sliver.

22. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Wow, I use all 7 screens on a daily basis. I don't know how you guys can get by with only 3.

I do love my widgets though. :D

23. coolerinthecorner

coolerinthecorner Well-Known Member

I use ALL 7. Full screen bookmarks, E-mail, Calendar and and Photos. The other 2 have analog clock, weather, nav and settings shortcuts plus many others. I've got all the tools and widgets I use on those 2 screens. I MUST have 7 screens.

24. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

I fill my empty screen spaces with the the sound of one hand clapping - either that or the "2.1 OTA Installer Widget", depending on my mood.

"OMG, There's a Void in my Droid!" - Anon

:)

eu1

25. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

It's funny, the first week I had this phone I went through something like the OP's anxiety about not having enough stuff for *all* of the screens to be used up.

I even started dividing up the icons on my home screen and scattering them around to the other screens.

After about an hour of messing with that I came to my senses and just put everything back on the home screen with the exception of the large version of the stock calendar, which is on the next screen to the right.

That's it and I'm fine with it like that just as I'm fine with not using all of the pockets on my shirt, jacket and pants. Nice to have them, but no need to fill them all up just because they're there. ;)