Too much differentiation with Galaxy models at consumer's expense

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Looks like all of the models have something good, but all have something missing. I appreciate differentiation, but this seems silly.

Tmo gets 16gb built in, but no flash or FFC (not that I would us a FFC).

Sprint gets a keyboard, but not the 16gb built in.

Verizon's seems the weakest features of the litter in regards to built in memory (2 wimpy gigs)

Best option to me would be the Sprint verison, but with 16gb built in.

BTW, where is the flash for camera on the Tmo? Crazy.

Samsung should change name to Sillysung.

These differences would only be good for the consumer if on the same carrier and still options are too spread out. None of the devices have the complete feature set of the models. Makes zero sense to anyone but Samsung.

Advertisement
  2. YES!!! the sprint version doesnt look like an iphone and has a keyboard. out of all the sprint one is the one i would get.
  3. DKYang

DKYang Well-Known Member

You got to keep in mind that carriers also have a say in what they want in the phone. Don't blame everything on Samsung, actually, there should be no blame on Samsung as far as I'm aware since they are trying to push these phones out and if carriers want to remove/add something, then they will to get it out.

You also have to look at the engineering point of view. The only way I know what I'm saying is true is to see all four of the phones get disassembled, but my theory is that the LED flash has something to do with the internal storage. Think about it, the phones w/o flash have higher internal storage than those that do have flash.
  4. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

Plus mobile hotspot (VZW and Sprint), Epic is the only one with something "extra". I don't care about a physical keyboard, or a limited 4G network (for now)...or Sprint. For ME, the Verizon version is a win.
  5. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

If the VZW one had the 16gb, it would be a big win.
  6. phantom phenom

phantom phenom Well-Known Member

well I think verzion version is big win because of great coverage :eek: